New Bolero with Mirrorlink ?

Panther_uk

this is really interesting because it is what a lot of people thought must happen but so far Skoda UK have been denying. They say there is no way to enable Smart Link if it was not enabled in the factory (that's been the debate in the octavia section). Meanwhile Fabia owners have been told http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/357070-mirrorlink-update-from-skoda-uk-2952015/ that if they bought a car pre week 22 that they cannot get smart link just mirror link. And it seems to have been the experience so far that mirror link blanks sygic when the car moves. 

So did you get mirror link or smart link enabled and what phone are you using?

I had MirrorLink activated, my Yeti is pre week 22 car.  My phone is HTC One M8.

As far as your note about blanking Sygic when car moved concerned: I think so far I only encountered this mentioned on this forum in regards to Sygic app trial version.  My app is full version.

Edited by cgorac

ah OK, well then yes I think you probably have paid to get yourself to the same point as all the unhappy fabia owners in that thread I sent. I think there was someone who upgraded to the HTC M9 and got somewhere but if you read that thread you will see the problems with mirror link. 

Smart Link after week 22 is much much better

I have SmartLink showing on my 2016 MY L&K 1.4TSi, but get the "You can activate the function by means of an activation key" message as stated earlier.

Have asked dealer how to get an activation key, only to be told 'they don't yet know!'

Not sure if I would use it, but would be nice to have the option :)

Edited by gruffydd

An update here: tried today with my son's HTC One M9 phone, and Sygic trial version, and - it worked fine.  The phone display is mirrored on the Bolero device while driving, and I can properly use Sygic for navigation.  Also tried several other applications listed as compatible by Škoda: Parkopedia, AUPEO! and miRoamer, and all work properly.  On the other side, none of them is working with my HTC One M8 phone - they work while car stopped, but as soon as I start driving the Bolero screen goes blank, and "The app is unavailable while the vehicle is in motion" message appears.

, none of them is working with my HTC One M8 phone - they work while car stopped, but as soon as I start driving the Bolero screen goes blank, and "The app is unavailable while the vehicle is in motion" message appears.

What version of Android is your phone running?

An update here: tried today with my son's HTC One M9 phone, and Sygic trial version, and - it worked fine.  The phone display is mirrored on the Bolero device while driving, and I can properly use Sygic for navigation.  Also tried several other applications listed as compatible by Škoda: Parkopedia, AUPEO! and miRoamer, and all work properly.  On the other side, none of them is working with my HTC One M8 phone - they work while car stopped, but as soon as I start driving the Bolero screen goes blank, and "The app is unavailable while the vehicle is in motion" message appears.

again, all consistent with the posts last month in the fabia section of briskoda

Yeah, it could be that it's about the software version, i.e. that there is some sort of bug with MirrorLink in Android 5.0.1, so that my HTC One M8 will work once upgraded to Android 5.1.x (however, some "genius" in HTC apparently decided to "spare" us M8 users of any 5.1.x Android updates, and eventually we should get Android 6.x only, maybe, and at some distant point in the future). On the other side, it could be also that the problem is in Bolero software, that for some reason works properly with HTC One M8 only in case it has Android 4.4.x (I seem to remember that people reported this configuration working properly here on forum) - in that case, maybe upcoming November software update will resolve this.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Upgraded my HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 today.  MirrorLink software on the phone got updated along the way too, however unfortunately no progress on having Sygic to stay on Bolero screen while driving: the screen still goes black as soon as car start moving.  Very disappointing.

I'm glad I'm a Luddite!

+1

With do respect, I don't see point of your posts...  Having navigation system in car is an useful thing, for many drivers.  Navigation systems on cell phones are getting more and more powerful, and have some advantages (easier to update, could be used outside of car, etc.) over car built-in navigation systems.  Having phone navigation system mirrored on large screen of car infotainment system would be useful feature, for more comfortable use, etc.  The tech to accomplish this is available: it's just about connecting phone with an USB cable to the car infotainment system, and having software support on both sides, which by now should be implemented, as there is a standard (MirrorLink) that involved parties (both car and phone manufacturers) agreed upon.  So none of this is any sort of rocket science, and while I certainly understand that many Škoda car owners are not be interested at all in this feature, I don't get why would you feel a need to try to ridicule other people that may be interested in making it work.

I'm sure that the off topic comments would have been taken in the non offensive manner that was intended if there'd actually been some positive progress on connectivity. I'd certainly be wanting such a feature to work correctly and would hope Skoda pulled their finger out to ensure it was resolved speedily.

An emotive topic to users that it actually concerns!

• Like 2

It's a discussion forum, people discuss things.

It you feel that we have broken any Forum rules then I suggest you report the relevant posts.

Your posts to this discussion are off-topic, plain and simple.  And nonsensical besides: you're Luddites, with a car and computer - yeah, right.

I'm not sure if I qualify as a Luddite but if a function is available I expect it to work without my having to go on a training course.

I see no offence, actual  or implied

It's possibly a generation thing?

Fred

hi just found this hope it helps  ,

MirrorLink activation code for Yeti
10 August 2015 For models with Bolero Radio or MIB2 navigation system

SK0829-15

MirrorLink%20March%202015.jpgTo enable MirrorLink, an activation code must be bought for Yeti models built between week 45 2014 and week 22 2015 that have Bolero radio or an MIB2 navigation system.

The part number is 000054830. Customers will receive a licence document with an activation key.

hi just found this hope it helps  ,

MirrorLink activation code for Yeti
10 August 2015 For models with Bolero Radio or MIB2 navigation system

SK0829-15

MirrorLink%20March%202015.jpgTo enable MirrorLink, an activation code must be bought for Yeti models built between week 45 2014 and week 22 2015 that have Bolero radio or an MIB2 navigation system.

The part number is 000054830. Customers will receive a licence document with an activation key.

Having the MirrorLink activated in Bolero is just the first hurdle. What was recently discussed here is that, even after shelling out lots of money for the activation, MirrorLink still doesn't work with phone and navigation app (both also rather expensive) that Škoda lists as compatible, and on the other side they don't give a damn.