Late 2013/63 Octavia III (O3) vRS 2.0 TFSi DSG Estate in Race Blue with Sat-Nav

peanut18

I still can’t get it out of my head that I quite fancy owning a Volkswagen T5 van, please don’t ask me why, I really can’t explain. This would however necessitate selling my beautiful Octavia III vRS 2.0 TFSi DSG Estate in Race Blue.

This is only a feeler thread to see if there is interest out there. These are quite rare on the used market at the moment – in fact I can’t find any. I’d be looking for top money for this virtually pristine motorcar to make a sale worthwhile to me.

In summary:

• Octavia III vRS 2.0 TFSi
  • Late 2013/63 plate (Sept 2013)
  • DSG 6 speed auto
  • Race Blue
  • Black ½ Leather with Red Stitching
  • Amundsen Sat-Nav
  • Space Saver Spare Wheel
  • 18” Gemini Polished / Anthracite Wheels
  • Vanstyle Removable Rear Door and Rear Window Blinds
  • Front and Rear Mud Flaps
  • Black Grill Surround (Genuine Skoda Part – Recently fitted and not shown in picture).
  • Scotts Interior and Exterior Bodywork Protection Package (Similar to AutoGlym Lifeshine)
  • Registered September 2013 (16 months manufacturer’s warranty remains)
  • 24,000 miles
  • 2 services stamped in the book both Skoda main dealer @ 10k and 19k miles. On fixed interval servicing – due again circa 29k miles.
  • Continental Tyres all round (CSC 5 on the front at about 5mm, CSC 2 on the rear at about 4mm)
  • Tax is just £145 per annum
  • Demo plus 2 private owners (of which I am one)
New price for basic car with DSG is £26.4k, plus the paint, sat-nav and spare wheel bringing it closer to £28k.

A dealer would probably be asking around £19.5k to £20.0k. There’s no advantage to buying this age of car at a dealer; they would only offer the warranty balance that will transfer to the new owner anyway.

HPI clear, bought with cash. No previous paintwork and no body damage. Never been in a car wash as far as I can tell as there are very few swirl marks, always hand washed in my ownership using 2 bucket method then waxed and sealed. Just a few stone chips at the front, consummate with normal wear and tear. Interior is unmarked; there are rubber over mats in all the foot wells and in the boot, so the carpets look factory fresh.

One alloy has a small amount of curb rash on the polished edge. I would get this properly refurbished for the new owner once a sale had been agreed and a deposit taken.

Will update with more pictures once I’ve given it a wax this weekend.

Location is Whiteley in Hampshire (J9 of M27)

Asking £17,995.

post-43603-0-58325400-1432124381_thumb.jpg

post-43603-0-38465500-1432496869_thumb.jpgpost-43603-0-84189100-1432496855_thumb.jpgpost-43603-0-33976500-1432496909_thumb.jpgpost-43603-0-29003500-1432496930_thumb.jpg

Few more pictures, washed last week but still looking pretty smart. Boot shot shows carpet condition under liner. Foot wells are similarly perfect. Alloy picture is the scuffed one (that I will repair once a sale is agreed) as you can see it's very light damage.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Few more pictures, washed last week but still looking pretty smart. Boot shot shows carpet condition under liner. Foot wells are similarly perfect. Alloy picture is the scuffed one (that I will repair once a sale is agreed) as you can see it's very light damage.

Any interest so far?

We are looking for an estate car, your might fit the bill. What's the long term fuel consumption, & over how many hours?

DC 

Hi there, only listed here at the moment, but considering Auto Trader at the weekend. Consumption is pretty good - much better than my MK2. My long term is between 35-36mpg, that's over around 5k miles. On a good run its very easy to get over 40mpg. For me the refinement and performance over the diesel is so much better that I am happy to accept the mpg disadvantage!

• Like 1

I'm possibly interested (awaiting the outcome of an insurance settlement for my Mk2 vrs).

So above standard spec, yours has the following:

- Amundsen Sat-Nav

- Spare wheel

- Race Blue Paint

- Mud Flaps

- Black grille surround

Is that sunset glass and simply clever pack I see in the photos as well?  Anything else I've missed?

Looks like a well looked after car and right enough, the petrol estate with DSG is pretty rare!

Hi RossM, It's not a simply clever pack (just has the phone holder insert thing not the full pack). The windows are not sunset, instead it has a set of clip-in sunshades. Personally I prefer these as they stay in place when the windows are down and you can remove them in winter when it's dark. Google 'VanStyle Sunshades' if I'm not making sense. Only thing you missed was a set of Michelin branded rubber over mats and boot liner. If you'd like to talk in person feel free to PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

Almost forgot, never smoked in and never carried any heavy loads or dogs. The kids seats have protective mats underneath them and they are not allowed to eat or drink in the car either.

Any offers / further expressions of interest before I pop this on Auto Trader later in the week? Price is just a starting point for negotiations.

Thanks, Jon.

Price amended in first post. Note that factory navigation cannot be retrofitted; so if you like your navigation integrated and with a factory look then it needs to be fitted at the factory. As I understand it these MIB based systems have component protection that cannot be bypassed. I have been very impressed by the Amundsen system and the guidance / routes have always performed well for me. It's a nice option that you won't find on that many used examples of this vehicle. Map updates are free for the 1st three years (so another 16 months left) and are released twice a year I believe.

Haven't had the time to list this on Auto Trader yet, but hoping to do it next weekend. This weekend the car is having a sleepover at the dealers. They were investigating a slight rattle, which turned out to be a linkage of some sort. They are also replacing the aux water pump - slight weeping (but no decernable water loss). Also getting 1 new alloy due to a slight milky mark and finally 4 new alloy centre caps. All work covered under warranty, no quibbles and excellent service as always.

Circa 16 months warranty remain for the new buyer - what more peace of mind could you want !!!

Oh it's a 2014 model year car I found out too.

Hoping to finally get this on Auto Trader at the weekend.

If anyone is genuinely interested I would sell for a firm and fixed £17,000 as is, with no wheel refurb (which really isn't that bad anyway). When it goes on Auto Trader I am anticipating listing around £17,500.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick bump for the weekend.

£16,250, as is, if sold this weekend. It's the best specified, lowest priced MK3 Estate with DSG for sale in the UK, as of last night.

That is a good price, I'm surprised you haven't had more interest. A fair few Mk3s were put up for sale in the past week through the dealer network but all comfortably more expensive that this one.

I'd love to take this off your hands but can't take on any finance at the moment unfortunately!