Console bushes

Hi All,

Planning on renewing most of the stuff up front. Could anyone confirm if you can buy the front console bush? (note I'm not talking about the rear , cupra,). I've rang skoda and they say you can only buy the wishbone with the bush in it. Obviously seen you can get these from psb/powerflex, but I was hoping the original part would be cheaper

Can anyone confirm if there is apart No.for this from VAG?

Also, could anyone confirm what bolts are single use up (I plan on renewing top mounts, ball joints, arb bush, track rod/end) and if possible the number of these I need per side and part numbers if possible please? (I see some part No.s here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/92625-fabia-wishbone-bush-replacement-diy-guide/ but cant see if the bolts are single use or not)

Just to confirm its an 04 VRS

Cheers!!

I vaguely remember a post I saw by Tech1e that said the Mk1 Fabia front wishbone bush is the same part as on a Mk2 Golf, part number 357 407 182. Can't find the post now though, via resident search or google. :sweat:

Edit: Found it: he doesn't actually use the part number but says "Random fact, today I found out the Powerflex front bush is the same as the MK2 Golf one."

In here, post #55.

I think that amounts to the same thing as saying VAG part number 357407182 will fit a Fabia Mk1 wishbone; but don't hold me to it!

• Like 1

Thanks for that, hopefully Tech1e might stop by and confirm, although, it might only work out about a fiver more for the psb, one which my mechanic would probably prefer.

PSB all day chap much easier to fit last much longer, some people say you will get an increase in road vibration but I can't really say I noticed much difference. I have coilies fitted to mine though.

I just realized you meant the front wishbone bush rather than the rear console bush. In that case fit what ever one you fancy. Obviously a poly bush will last longer but I doubt it'll make much difference to fit a normal or poly bush.