The usual water ingress

Hi can anybody tell me if the blocked drains under battery and servo would cause both footwells to get wet or just drivers side?  I think my pollen filter housing is ok because I gave the hinge areas a good flush to clear debris with a hose and no water got past the seal.  Thanks Joe 

Do you have water ingress at the mo?

How do you know no water got past the pollen filter seal?  You can't see where it leaks with the filter assembly fitted - the water snakes around the metal lip of the chassis hole for the filter under it's surface tension.  If I recall correctly there is another foam which blocks your view of this lip with the assembly in place.

If your drains are blocked you should see that your plenum fills with water and doesn't drain (or drains very slowly).  If the plenum is full then it can overwelm the pollen filter seal, the ECU seal, the bonnet release seal, and I think maybe the brake servo seal.  

If you have ingress on both sides you might have more than one leak.  I had a leaking driver's door and a leaking pollen filter, giving me ingress on both sides.

Not sure if water still getting in, I had the pollen filter out so could see inside to the fan, and there was no visible sign of water entering whilst I hosed around it. The drivers side I have removed the trim on right side and lifted the carpet up and run around with the heater on full, and kept putting dry towels under there and it seems to be dry and staying dry, although I think the driver's door may be letting a trickle in.  I have not fully checked the passenger side but the carpet did feel wet on top but is dry now, although I appreciate it could be soaking wet underneath. There was quite a bit of water sloshing around in the plenum but looks like it was never higher than the battery tray.

You've just got to go through them all methodically.  If you've had water in it, and haven't done any remedial work, you'll get water in again.  

They all leak eventually from all the locations pretty much without sorting, so "just do it".

Remove the bungs.

Seal the pollen filter - I prefer to use the proper cord, less messy than silicone

At least check out the ECU housing and the bonnet release grommet

Test all your doors for damaged carrier panel seals with a watering can / hosepipe

Check your sunroof drains drain freely to the drain points.

Just went through the same problem as you mate and I was unlucky enough to have water coming in through all the culprits.

Sealed up the following, all with bathroom sealant:

- Pollen filter seal

- ECU seal

- Bonnet release seal

- Drivers door

- Passenger door

Passenger side was bone dry, so all good.  I just need to sort drivers door, not sure where it is letting water in though.  After sitting out in the rain there is water along the top of the rubber door seal where it joins the trim that covers the sill.  Although you can pour a bucket water down the side of the door and around the sunroof and it stays dry!