Trevorb33's Fantasy Green Fabia 1.8t Sleeper

TrevorB33

Didn't think you could resist, when I saw the Corolla for sale, glad it's gone to a good home, look forward to the updates.

• Like 2

even better I've got next week off so should be in and running by then, just depends if I swap complete loom or try and run standard interior loom, and just swap engine loom,

Maybe you'll know more about these things than me but my experience was that so many things worked about 75% with the Fabia loom (like doors would lock, unlock, but the car would then lock itself) that it would have taken longer to figure them all out then retrofit the Ibiza loom. Also you'll be missing relays to fully power the ECU. When you swap the Ibiza loom in you'll see why... so many things are wired up ever so slightly differently right down to the door mechs. Stalks etc are different too.

There is still quite a bit to do either swapping plugs over, changing the configuration of the plugs or extending to the rear lights/hooking up the tail gate as bits that are on the tailgate of the Ibiza are on the body of the Fabia.

Maybe you'll know more about these things than me but my experience was that so many things worked about 75% with the Fabia loom (like doors would lock, unlock, but the car would then lock itself) that it would have taken longer to figure them all out then retrofit the Ibiza loom. Also you'll be missing relays to fully power the ECU. When you swap the Ibiza loom in you'll see why... so many things are wired up ever so slightly differently right down to the door mechs. Stalks etc are different too.

There is still quite a bit to do either swapping plugs over, changing the configuration of the plugs or extending to the rear lights/hooking up the tail gate as bits that are on the tailgate of the Ibiza are on the body of the Fabia.

I think I'm pretty much going to do same as you for ease, manual everything windows, central locking etc, I'm interested to see if the Ibiza complete dash will fit as id quite like to keep the climate control unit. First job will be Tuesday start removing everything out of the Ibiza and start labelling the loom :)

I still run central locking on the front doors (full Ibiza door harnesses with modded plugs to fit Fabia controls), just not the rear or hatch (which is manual from the drivers lever for now as they are very different), and leccy windows on the front. Aircon went though and I have gone full manual on the heater controls using the unit from the Fabia.

Internally the loom isn't bad if you don't label things quite as well as you should, as its pretty obvious by where it sits what it is. Watch some of the plugs, they use the same plugs but different pins.

No idea on the Ibiza dash thouh, got mad at mine and broke it :P

• Like 1

I had all kinds of comms issues / warning lights when using pd100 interior loom with pd130 clocks and engine wiring harness.

I do still use pd100 door wiring looms though.  That seemed to work OK, although I think I really should use the PD130 ones as I have odd puddlelight symptoms so have to keep the roof light in "off" position all the time.

I still run central locking on the front doors (full Ibiza door harnesses with modded plugs to fit Fabia controls), just not the rear or hatch (which is manual from the drivers lever for now as they are very different), and leccy windows on the front. Aircon went though and I have gone full manual on the heater controls using the unit from the Fabia.

Internally the loom isn't bad if you don't label things quite as well as you should, as its pretty obvious by where it sits what it is. Watch some of the plugs, they use the same plugs but different pins.

No idea on the Ibiza dash thouh, got mad at mine and broke it :P

I can imagine, just hope I don't catch any wires or anything, gonna take my time as I have a week and half to work on it constantly, my last conversion was **** easy as 1.8t to 1.8t bam engine even used the original loom lol can't see this being quite that easy :)

I had all kinds of comms issues / warning lights when using pd100 interior loom with pd130 clocks and engine wiring harness.

I do still use pd100 door wiring looms though.  That seemed to work OK, although I think I really should use the PD130 ones as I have odd puddlelight symptoms so have to keep the roof light in "off" position all the time.

How strange your'd think all the 1.9's would be the same

my last conversion was **** easy as 1.8t to 1.8t bam engine even used the original loom lol can't see this being quite that easy :)

Never done anything like this before, and my feeling right now is never again!

I found having a haynes for an Ibiza and Fabia side by side quite handy, though some of the colours are wrong. I swaped a pre facelift Ibiza door on to a facelift car recently and the harness connections in the door gap were entirely different, so you may find your Ibiza loom is not at all similar to the Fabia loom, where as mine was quite similar as the cars were both pre facelift.

Well the Fabias back :) in really good nick, did 300miles no sweat even averaged 50mpg,

Told you it was a good 'un. :)

Good luck with the project, will be following your progress and hope to see it at an event some day.

• Like 1

certainly is Richard thanks, hoping to make swift progress with this, want it running in under two weeks really

Wow, you'll be getting stuck in at a fair old rate then.

Nice one.