assuming headgasket

I've gave my car abit down the byepass on my way home and the temp light come on I've looked under the bonnet and it seems to be forced out the water bottle cap (pressure)  am I right thinking my head gasket has had it?

There's a few of us now that I know of running 2260's at 2.5bar with PD150 bolts fitted but are still experiencing head lift. I lose a small amount of coolant. Haven't had the light come on yet though (touchwood!).

I'm thinking of buying the stud and nut kit for the extra clamping force...

im going all out now head stud kit and head work may aswell as I got a spare head so if I drive it nice it should last me a few weeks until head is ready gunna slap my long ratio box on at the same time :)

• Like 1

im going all out now head stud kit and head work may aswell as I got a spare head so if I drive it nice it should last me a few weeks until head is ready gunna slap my long ratio box on at the same time :)

yes pd150 head bolts

Sure, pay £45 more for exactly the same thing if you like, plus I thought you had issues with Darkside Steve...

that I have I only buy things I 100% need from the from now on and want the best anyway im glad it went as it would of anyway at some stage it was worth it though showing sum lad up in a 15 plate astra vxr :P

Still not sure what causes this.  My engine gets caned a lot - full trackdays etc and I have never had water loss or water temps going mad.  I wonder why? That's running 40psi boost and also PD150 headbolts.

Still not sure what causes this.  My engine gets caned a lot - full trackdays etc and I have never had water loss or water temps going mad.  I wonder why? That's running 40psi boost and also PD150 headbolts.

headstud kit and that should solve things well hopefully

Chances are that you've already replaced the head gasket with a good quality MLS item and your PD150 bolts didn't come from ECP, not all bolts are created equal. Personally I'd only use Payen, Victor Reinz or genuine parts.

I used to get head lift with my old PD150 hybrid and 130 bolts. I then fitted the GTB along with the 150 bolts. At first there was no loss of coolant at all. Then the boost was upped to 2.5 bar and it started using some again...

Thanks for the link sepulchrave :thumbup:

I used to get head lift with my old PD150 hybrid and 130 bolts. I then fitted the GTB along with the 150 bolts. At first there was no loss of coolant at all. Then the boost was upped to 2.5 bar and it started using some again...

Thanks for the link sepulchrave :thumbup:

exactly the same as mine boost up headlift :( some recommend me a head gasket plzzz

You could try a bit more tightening, but bare in mind they are stretch bolts which have been stretched when fitted originally.

Mind your knuckles when one goes snap! :)