Help with arm rest install

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of pricing up a second hand centre console 'trim' to attach the arm rest to, then I can fit it and see what I think. If I don't like the look of it, I'll replace it with the original centre trim... That's my idea anyway.

JRJG

Unless like me you welded some bolts to the floor so you could put nuts on an attach it very securely!

Generally not needed though. I mean your only supposed to rest your arm on it. Mines been in over a year now with no issues. And mine isn't even a genuine one.

Generally not needed though. I mean your only supposed to rest your arm on it. Mines been in over a year now with no issues. And mine isn't even a genuine one.

Fitted with just self tapers, sat in where the cupholder is ?

JRJG

• Like 1

hmm, not convinced on the self tapers myself, hence taking 3 minutes to take a chunk of angle iron and turn it into a mount and another 2minutes bolting it to the existing handbrake bolts (using the bolt extension supplied, I personally made another to extend the front nut as it looked abit short) oh don't forget to put some wedges under the wheels and leave it in gear whilst you do this....
Having accidently climbed on it to get my rain coat out the boot without getting out the car, i can say its held up remarkable well

Takes the arm ache out of motorway driving, just need to sort these uncomfortable rocking seats out next

post-114623-0-76427100-1433277926_thumb.jpg

Edited by SkUG

hmm, not convinced on the self tapers myself, hence taking 3 minutes to take a chunk of angle iron and turn it into a mount and another 2minutes bolting it to the existing handbrake bolts (using the bolt extension supplied, I personally made another to extend the front nut as it looked abit short) oh don't forget to put some wedges under the wheels and leave it in gear whilst you do this....

Having accidently climbed on it to get my rain coat out the boot without getting out the car, i can say its held up remarkable well

Takes the arm ache out of motorway driving, just need to sort these uncomfortable rocking seats out next

I don't suppose you've got piccies or can get them ?

What pipe?

Pics of what? There is a link to the exact thing I made at the top of this page

Edited by SkUG

What pipe?

Pics of what? There is a link to the exact thing I made at the top of this page

I got the link but I can't find the dimensions of the piece of angle iron (not pipe sorry) in the link

diameter? its not round... its a lump of metal with a 90 degree bend in it - the size required is...... wide enough to fit the bolts through... (i didnt measure, just sorted throught all the chunks of metal out of the garage and found one that conviently fitted) when you have the bracket in your hand, its pretty obvious the size you need!

• 2 weeks later...