fitted standard Vrs suspension

Hi folks, i put a post up the other day about suspension,and how i basicly needed new springs and shocks. I was undecided on what to do,go for coilovers? Na, its my daily driver. I also considerd the likes of konis with a good lower spring but in the end i just decided to go for all new standard Vrs stuff, and im over the moon with it! Front is siting a tiny bit higher than i wld like but the car drives absolutly brilliant and handles well aswell with all new stuff on it,love it again its sooo cumfy but still feels nice n tight/sporty. I fitted uprated monroe shocks and the springs to suit. All came to 300ish quid right enough,that was the cheapest any of our supliers could get it all for, also if anyone wants the parts numbers i can look at the boxes 2moro at work,as the shocks wer a nightmare to track down for sum reason! I seen a post the other day sombody put up a boge front shocky part number but it was totaly wrong as i had them deliverd by our parts suplier and they didnt have the lug for drop like to go on

Glad you're pleased. I was looking at the Monroe shocks for when the time comes. Technically not standard as they're 30% uprated gas shocks aren't they? Even so that's good news and pretty good value. Was that with some kind of discount?

• Like 1

Yes mate i get a discount. I 4got to mention i that price for suspension is minus rear shocks at 60 quid. Replaced them last year

No problem it happens. Whiteline rarb is your best value bet, can just buy rear then (most kits are f+r), adjustable to match up with standard front a bit better. I find the middle setting very good on standard set up. May turn it up a notch yet mind. Anyway you're talking 160. DPM or Awesome gti are good places to go (site sponsors too). Fittable yourself as long as you can get rear of car off ground with wheels supported ie ramps.

TT/S3 front upper and lower brace is also an effective edition, helps stop that bit of body twist during body roll.