Fabia vrs purchase help please

Hi - I am looking to purchase a fabia vrs mk1 for round about the 3k mark. I am located in the north west. Obviously want something reliable for a daily commute with no cambelt or clutch issues as won't have much spare budget for a whilE after purchase. Is this agood place to start?

You should be able to pick one up for around £3000. Mileage isn't really an issue on these so long as the correct oil has been used at services. If it hasn't and it's high miles chances are it could have camshaft wear. I'd also listen for any funny noises from the turbo, if it sounds like a police siren at low revs/when spooling that could indicate the turbo is on it's way out. You'll get a bit of a whistle but if it's very loud I'd walk away. 

The cam belt on these should be done every 4 years or 60k. So on an 04 car with 120k on the clock for example it should have been done twice and be due again next year IF the schedule has been followed. 

The clutch you should be able to tell how healthy it is on the test drive, however because these run a dual mass flywheel it is often this that fails before the clutch wears down. I would test drive a few different examples to get a feel for what is a good one and what is a bad one. I test drove a couple that drove like dogs so it's definitely worth driving a few different examples of vRS.

Then you have the common issues which you may or may not experience, they are also not that bad to remedy in fairness:

Wishbone console bushes and all the suspension components in general given the age of the car

Leaky rear door seals 
Leaky boost hoses

Clogged EGR valve
Alternator/Starter wire issues (works loose/snaps due to the tension on the wire and the rocking motion of the engine)

I'm sure there could be other niggles but they are the main ones to look out for.