Sticking Dipstick

Hi All

Just done about 500 mile run averaging about 90-100mph.

Cars on 64000 miles fixed interval. Last oil change at 54000.

As it was close to it's next service thought i check oil.

Tried pulling dipstick and felt resistance. Twisted and turned and finally got it out. Oil level seems to be in between the two marks but a bit worried why it's sort of sticking. If i be honest i can't remember last time i checked the oil so cant remember if the dipstick is magnetised or something.

By the way i checked it next morning after driving for about 5 minutes.

What do you think?

Maybe it's sticking because it hasn't been removed for a while. If its free now I wouldn't worry.

Hi All

Just done about 500 mile run averaging about 90-100mph.

You gotta love those Autobahns. :think:

Was the engine still hot? There can be some vacuum still inside the engine if it is still close to operating temperature which can hold the dipstick in.

Releasing the engine oil fill cap before attempting to pull out the dipstick often helps release the pressure.

Sticking dipstick nowt to be concerned about. If it was very loose then yes, I'd be concerned.....

I don't think it was that hot as I only drove for about 5 mins but did notice not smoke but bit steam come out so maybe it was the vaccum thing Silver.

Moley it's a complete different world out here. Actually driving in Germany now can't help myself driving any less than 120mph and it's pretty normal here. The bendy roads take getting used to though.

If anyone's interested I averaged about 50mpg across the 500 odd miles.

• Like 1