Recent Replacement 1.4TSI Engines is Older Mk2 vRS Fabias, doing well..

Just a positive post on Mk2 Fabia vRS that have required a replacement engine recently.

Ones out there for sale could well be a good buy.

It is looking good that the Engines that have been getting supplied in the past 6 months or so for fitting to CAVE engine cars built between May 2010 and late 2012 seem to be performing much better than Original New Factory 

built CAVE engines, and actually as good if not better than OEM CTHE Engines.

Volkswagen must have managed to get something right with the Components & Management Control of these 

engines just before Skoda discontinued building the Mk2 Fabia Twinchargers.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not been on for a while but am now on my replacement Fabia VRS 63 plate which had a CTHE engine. I got this car in May 14 after rejecting my first VRS 62 plate after one year and 2 replacement engines (both CAVE) as all the engine used excessive oil. So having had a car with 3 defective oil burning engines,(this is top to bottom of the dipstick in around 600 miles or less) and rejecting the car was given the new VRS.

I was assured it had a CTHE engine and the oil burning issue would not affect this one. After 4 weeks and 500 miles the oil was gone. Tried to reject this car on same basis as previously but was told no as they had not been given a chance to fix the issue.

Anyway eventually they replaced the engine again, I'm therefore on my 5th engine and now it is fine. Since the engine was fitted in October 14 I've not had to put any oil in at all and it's not burnt any oil. Its still on the max mark on the dipstick as it was in October.

Anyone you speak with at Skoda acknowledges there is an issue with these engines and oil consumption but as both my cars were demos with 2500/3000 miles on the clock they should never have been sold with the defective engines.

Obviously happy with car now as I seem to have a rare non oil burning car that is fun when fast and can still pull 50mpg if want to be boring.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info George im sure there are some warranty owning drivers out there been given a lot of hope.

My CTHE is not using any oil at all. Its still mm perfect on the dipstick as it was back in December.

So it seems that they solved the problem then stopped using the engine. My favourite engine of all time is the bmw s54 but these little twin charge units are an extremely close 2nd. Bags of character and very good to rev out.

• Like 2

Delighted to advise we have now covered over 10k with replacement engine (carried out late Sept 2014) and it's a cracker, no oil used at all. Seems very strong, and is definitely quicker than original engine, pulls like a train.

Still keeping up the good habits mind, weekly checks when cold, only using tesco momentum or vpower nitro plus at a push, and definitely keeping well within service guidelines on plugs, oil and filters.

Was definitely worth the work to get the outcome and car we wanted all along. Hope it continues, and hopefully other owners get the same positive outcome we did.

• Like 2