Monte Carlo wheels and tyres

Hi all

Need a bit of advise. I swapped out my roomster for the monte 9 months ago. I am finding it that its just not good on our crap quality road. I have gone through 4 tyres with bulges due to pot holes that I never suffered with th roomster said 15" wheels

Can I fit a set of 15" Skoda wheels and tyres to the monte. If so what should I be looking at fitting and will this affect tracking, speedo etc

Any advise here would be good

Thanks

Nothing to stop you fitting 15" Rims, and if you fit the tyres to keep the Total Diameter the same it will not affect the Speedo.

If you fit narrower tyres it might make your steering a bit lighter, but see if the Steering Assist can be reduced if you feel it too light.

Do the 16" Wheels / Tyres on the Reaction feel OK.

What about putting them on the Monte and getting 15" Rims for the Reaction?

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator 

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

The 15" Antares will fit 195, 55 r15 tyres.

Probably what you had on the roomy, and they do make a difference.

I thought about using my Antares for winter wheels and the scout wheels or alba/elegance wheels as summers, but I've driven a monte with a similar profile wheel (okay a little bit worse but not much) which put me off. Id rather have the comfort, so fitted all season tyres (: aha

Thanks. I have to say that the ride is better in the reaction with the 16" alloys but the best ride was the roomster with the 15"

I guess I may get a set of 15" wheels and get them sprayed up black.

Take it I won't need the tracking doing?

Thanks

Glenn

Thanks. I have to say that the ride is better in the reaction with the 16" alloys but the best ride was the roomster with the 15"

I guess I may get a set of 15" wheels and get them sprayed up black.

Take it I won't need the tracking doing?

Thanks

Glenn

Antares would look terrible in black id imagine.

Maybe look at similar cars, polo, ibiza etc and see if theres any wheels you like off those?

Check the dimensions and stud patterns are the same too ofc. They should be.

On my 17" Alloys i now run 215/40 R 17 Tyres that are not expensive and not ditch finders.

They are still a hard tyre ride wise,

but nice and strong, where i have wrecked more expensive 205/40 R17 & 215/40 R 17 tyres on Potholes & Iron works.

£50-£65 a corner fitted to your current wheels and maybe worth a punt.

Hi Fly HF 805,

215/40 R17 87 W XL

(Directional Tread)

Edited by goneoffSKi