bluetooth help

hi ,i have just picked up my new car and wondered if it has bluetooth as i can not get my phone to connect

its a 13 plate blackline vrs with a amundsen+ unit fitted but it does not have a multi function steering wheel

cheers

Thanks,have checked and there is nothing under the seat and the phone button only mutes the radio,I would have thought it would come as standard on a nearly new car,are the modules pricey?

If it's a black line then yes it does have Bluetooth but it comes coded as off from the factory. Just needs coding with vcds and a mic adding for Bluetooth calling. There's a how to on here somewhere for the black line and eddy nl sells the mic and loom. I've coded this for a few black line owners.

• Like 1

Microphones are easily available, again on ebay -- where does this plug into? Is there a place in the look ir does it plug into the rear of the head unit? I take it the coding for enabling this is in the 56 radio address?

Mike

Mike

The Amundsen+ head unit usually has BT built in and this just needs activating.  The mic fits in the standard place but a specific loom is also needed to add it to the back of the head unit quadlock.

I think though the coding is still done by activating module 77 telephone in the gateway, and editing of functionality is done within that module.

Adam

• 1 month later...

when tyring the coding last night, VCDS unchecked the box and then said the coding was accepted, but when tested, the phone menu was not there and the coding had reverted back to the original code.  Is there something else that would stop it.  Also the part number seems to be in line with units that have the module installed.