New tyres for my Monte

Hi All

I need a new set of tyres (not budget) for my Monte, I know that this will have been discussed many times before, but time move on. My Monte alloys are now off to be powder coated gloss black, but for the last couple months I have been using a set of 16" alloys with Pirelli P Neros - the ride has been a great deal improved, but they look undersized and look ****, So I am looking for ideas for a good set of tyres that give a good ride for my Monte on 17's

Many thanks

Steve

I've had a few sets of tyres. Started with dunlops (lasted 900 miles pulled to the left), then had p-zero neros. But since then had two sets of Kumho Ecsta KU39's. Always had Kumhos on all of my cars and stand by them for a mid range tyre, good dry and wet grip and ride comfort seems as good as Pirelli. All tyres on my Fabia have been 205/40R17.

Hope this helps.

Put contis on my monte , my local skoda dealer price matches tyres so I used them , dont like fast fit hamfisted fitters with the monte, s alloys .had a result when mine were fitted , dealer orderd dunlops by mistake , said I was, nt bothered but they insisted on the contis and put a new pair on the rear as way to say sorry...........result!!!!!

The Conti's that came with mine from new lasted me only 11k and grip was awful after about 9k. Currently running Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on the front and 15k later still going strong, and the grip is superb especially in the wet! Will be able to run these through the summer and change again for winter.