Best OEM Looking Stereo

Hi there guys! Sorry if this has been asked before, new to the forums! I've seen on eBay a few double din stereos that can replace the stock stereo in my Fabia Reaction, has anyone ever bought one and/or know which one to go for? I'm looking for a stock finish inside that's all! If not I will probably buy a Apple CarPlay stereo and fit one fascia plate with it!

You have the amundsen which was an option on the fabia. Or the Columbus which is a skoda unit but not directly designed for the fabia.

I would go amundsen. The Columbus is a more advanced unit but produces a rubbish sound as it's not designed for the fabia set up. I had one and went back to the swing unit because of this.

There Is also a Kenwood unit, but it's ridiculously priced for what it is

You have the amundsen which was an option on the fabia. Or the Columbus which is a skoda unit but not directly designed for the fabia.

I would go amundsen. The Columbus is a more advanced unit but produces a rubbish sound as it's not designed for the fabia set up. I had one and went back to the swing unit because of this.

Do you know where I could get a Amundsen?

The Amundsen unit is the Skoda version of the RNS315, these were fitted to VW, Audi and Seat, the only difference being between them is what colour the backlights for the buttons (and screen) are and what shows up on the screen when you turn it on, I ended up buying a VW RNS315, shows VW when you turn it on and has Red backlit buttons, certain versions have bluetooth built in (handy for hands free) and others also have DAB, just depends of what REV you get.

there are chinese ones out there that look oem but cheaper just dont buy the cheapest ones as theyre normally crap im saying from experience!

cuurently have an xtrons one its great would say the sound isnt as good as the standard unit but with the added extras ill take that on the chin but overall great works like it should not like the previous one i had from china

Edited by jimdiesel

• 2 weeks later...

I've just discovered how to make the Columbus sound massively better.  In VCDS change equalisation from Linear to Skoda Octavia 1Z. This works because the Fabia uses the same speakers as the Octavia Mk2 (1Z).

I've just discovered how to make the Columbus sound massively better. In VCDS change equalisation from Linear to Skoda Octavia 1Z. This works because the Fabia uses the same speakers as the Octavia Mk2 (1Z).

I had that done. I still found the sound overly pitchy and lacking full sound compared with the swing unit. Shame as I loved the unit.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk