radio info not working

Hi all wonder if any of you could shed some light on this problem for me 

My radio info on the clocks has stopped working so i cant use the steering wheel controls
it comes on now and again but is off most of the time i am no good with electrics at all

cheers

clear.gifEdit Post   clear.gifReply   clear.gifReply With Quote   multiquote_40b.png     

It has come up before on here a few times (I count at least 3), unfortunately no one who got suggestions ever posted back (search for radio display).

The two suspects I think were loose connection and water under the carpet.  Do all your electrics work properly - like the interior lights, door open indication, etc?  

The sticky thread at the top of the forum has details of the water problems these cars have.  They all get it eventually.  My 2005 car was already suffering in 2010 - so your is probably well past due if it hasn't been fixed already...! :)

It happened on mine and was very simple to fix. Get some radio removal keys from E-Bay, pull the radio out, disconnect the plugs at the back of the radio, spray with contact cleaner and push back on ( and off )a few times. Just poor contacts on the connectors in my case.