remote locking not working plus coolant light problem

Hi. I'm new to the fabia and have 2002 used version. I have 2 queries.

1) The remote locking/unlocking with the key has stopped working (however can still use as normal with key in lock). Does this mean merely that the battery in the key needs replacing or is there another reason?

2)The warning light and 3 beeps for coolant level has started to come on. I topped up the coolant yesterday to half way between min and max and this seemed to do the trick. However, when I started the engine today the light started flashing again and continued flashing. The coolant level has not gone down. Has anyone any ideas? I notice from the forum that there seems to be a quite common problem with the sensor itself. The temperature does not rise above half way and, as I said, the coolant level is constant so is it safe to continue driving.

1) Probably; certainly a new cell is the quickest, cheapest and easiest way to check this unless you already own VCDS and a suitable lead.

2) It's well documented, but quick summary - Open the pressure bottle and clean the 2 metal prongs with a flat-blade screwdriver. If that doesn't work, a new OEM bottle is under £20 from a dealer.

• Like 1

2) It's well documented, but quick summary - Open the pressure bottle and clean the 2 metal prongs with a flat-blade screwdriver. If that doesn't work, a new OEM bottle is under £20 from a dealer.

You can't do that, it's impossible to get a screwdriver to the prongs due to the design of the expansion tank neck. New tank needed.