Facelift mk2 Octavia vRS Colour Coded Race Blue Grille £100

Jonboy984

For sale is this colour coded race blue grille for a facelift mk2 Skoda Octavia vRS:

7e25877660496726a7342257a56713f4.jpg

Colour coded in February but removed a few weeks ago when returning my car back to standard prior to sale.

Lovely condition with new badges and all 6 clips intact. Improves the front end of an Octavia no end, photos just do not do it any justice. All mk2 vRS should have left the factory with a colour coded grille. Took an age to separate, cutting my hands to shreds in the process. Chrome removed, prepped and painted by a local body shop before refitting.

I am selling for £150 which is what it cost me to buy and get painted. Price now £100

Before:

7d2f6d359d1e8adf2e22959d31e0e9f5.jpg

After:

fb64c0e208be746f00798c20a52e5574.jpg

Collection only from Rubery, Birmingham as I previously bought another grille which despite fantastic packaging, still managed to get damaged in transit.

I have all the tools at hand and could swap over your grille within minutes. I could also take your old grille in part exchange dependant on condition.

Edited by john999boy
Amended price within article to reflect title price! ;-)

My advice would be to drop the price a little, I would have thought £150 is a little steep.

When the time comes for me to sell mine, I won't be asking for that kind of money.

HTH

My advice would be to drop the price a little, I would have thought £150 is a little steep.

When the time comes for me to sell mine, I won't be asking for that kind of money.

HTH

What do you think you would advertise yours for? Non colour coded vrs grilles seem to go for between £50 and £70 on the bay.

I was only asking for £150 as that is what it cost me two months ago, £70 for the grille, £70 for the repaint and £10 for the new badge.

Open to offers then pending listing on ebay next Sunday.

Probably well under £100, but mine is pre-fl and upon very close inspection, it has a few minor imperfections, unlike yours.

I also painted mine myself, as opposed to the bodyshop route you may have took.

Probably well under £100, but mine is pre-fl and upon very close inspection, it has a few minor imperfections, unlike yours.

I also painted mine myself, as opposed to the bodyshop route you may have took.

Thanks for your thoughts fr0d.

As above, if anyone is interested, feel free to pm me an offer.

I have thought long and hard over the asking price of this grille and have decided that I would accept the first offer over £100.

I think this is good value for money as it cost me £150 not including the time, effort and pain to get this far!

Grilles are far too fragile to post so will be collection only but I am more than happy to fit on your car and would happily take your old grille in part exchange (to use as a donor grille while I get mine painted black!)

I have thought long and hard over the asking price of this grille and have decided that I would accept the first offer over £100.

I think this is good value for money as it cost me £150 not including the time, effort and pain to get this far!

Grilles are far too fragile to post so will be collection only but I am more than happy to fit on your car and would happily take your old grille in part exchange (to use as a donor grille while I get mine painted black!)

It might be an unusual birthday gift for SWMBO !

If she's interested I'll get back to you.

DC

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that I won't post it, I can wrap around best I can, I just can't guarantee it won't get damaged in transit.

If you are genuinely interested and are happy to take the risk, I can get a quote for postage?