Very quick feeler. 2002 VW polo 9N 1.2

hutchysrs50

Despite me buying the VW polo and treating it to about £700 worth of work since I said "I'm keeping it for at least a few year" I've now bought another Fabia sport so selling the polo.

So about 2 month ago, I had the engine rebuild.

Cylinder head was completely rebuild with all new valve guides and valves, all reground in for excellent compression, the head got skimmed and got a new head gasket and full head gasket set, with new valve stem oil seals, head bolts, new can carrier/rocker bolts etc. also got a full new timing chain kit as well as a full service with fresh oil and filter with an engine flush, drained and another new oil and filter again with the engine rebuild. New spark plugs, fuel filter and air filter.

On top of that a VGC low mileage genuine cat was fitted, EGR valve cleaned, map sensor cleaned, inlet manifold and throttle body cleaned. The performance and spec of this will be higher than when it left the factory so the fuel economy is excellent imo.

Has about 11 month tax and mot but of course tax will be removed prior to the sale.

All in all, the engine should be bullet proof for a long time now. The downside is the bodywork, it has dings and scratches around it, worst being behind the drivers side door, can't tell unless close up.

Was thinking about £1,000 looking on eBay but will think about it more in a weeks time when its ready to go! As I say, this is just a feeler.

Volkswagen

Polo

84,000 miles

Full service history

11 month mot

Anything els?

Newcastle upon Tyne

And I have zero pictures of the car :D

all I can suggest for now is say it's exactly the same as this apart from mine has a few other extras like mud flaps etc from the factory and mine doesn't have a hole in the seat.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221780749419

• 2 weeks later...

It is up for grabs now, keeping it taxed till the end of the month incase anyone wants a test drive etc.

Will take a quick picture tomorrow if I get a chance, just rushed off my feet at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Must pull my finger out on this...

It's just parked up at my unit doing nothing.

Forgot to sorn it so it's still taxed for another month to test drive etc...

Took a few pictures as I walked past it, needs a clean etc but you get the idea.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg