Superb 2 estate - boot storage

Hi guys

Currently have a 2015 elegance estate. Have a query regarding the storage areas in the boot .

The 2 areas on either side have a black plastic trim which stops items falling out into main boot area but was wondering if the " doors" that i have seen on other superb estates can be purchased .

It looks a bit unsightly as everything which is in the 2 storage areas is in full view when the estate door is opened.

Thanks

The doors may not fit as the mountings are a bit different. The easiest thing to do is drop into a dealer or someone on the forum here who has an estate with these doors and borrow a door to try it out before committing to buying it. I have these and they keep a serious amount of crap out of view - and stop it mixing with the other crap in the boot :P...

Edited by psycholist

The doors may not fit as the mountings are a bit different. The easiest thing to do is drop into a dealer or someone on the forum here who has an estate with these doors and borrow a door to try it out before committing to buying it. I have these and they keep a serious amount of crap out of view - and stop it mixing with the other crap in the boot :P...

Thanks for that - will pop into dealer and borrow one

Left cover part no is 3T9868885

Right cover part no is  3T9868886

Might be worth checking whether there are two slits in the bottom of the floor, front edge of the storage area - this is where the door clips into .

• Like 1

As far as I know the only difference between the left and right covers is that one (The right one on my car, though I may have swapped them at some point) has a first aid kit symbol on it and the other doesn't.

Left cover part no is 3T9868885

Right cover part no is  3T9868886

Might be worth checking whether there are two slits in the bottom of the floor, front edge of the storage area - this is where the door clips into .

Havent had time today to pop into dealers but there are 2 slits on the floor where the current. L k plastic trim fits into - im presuming the doors will clip into them but will check before purchase

Many thanks to all who replied

I was thinking about doing the same add on to my 2015 elegance estate. The holes look to be in place at floor level and at the top for locking in place.

Would you post the prices if you ever get to the dealer please. I'm hoping they aren't silly money.

Interested in getting a couple of these doors. A couple of questions, however: how do they operate? When they are 'unlocked' at the top, do they then have to be completely lifted out to gain access, or is there a horizontal hinge which allows it to be folded in towards the center of the boot?

• 2 weeks later...

Havent had time today to pop into dealers but there are 2 slits on the floor where the current. L k plastic trim fits into - im presuming the doors will clip into them but will check before purchase

Many thanks to all who replied

Good evening Sir, 

I was wondering if you could find the opportunity to try these doors on your car because I want to be sure before I purchase.  I'd really appreciate if you tell me whether they fit or not.

Cheers.

Any answers? has anyone tried these doors? please help Im about to purchase but wanna be sure...

Havent tried them but almost sure that they fit - im ordering some tomorrow if you wanna wait a few days and i can give you a firm answer

I've ordered some against my registration number and they came up ok. Getting them Tuesday so will update the thread

I hope they'll fit. I'm really looking forward for the result...

Fitted these doors to a 63 plate estate, and no issues. They fit into the slots on the floor, and latch at the top. They fold in towards the center of the boot, without having to be removed for access.

Fitted these doors to a 63 plate estate, and no issues. They fit into the slots on the floor, and latch at the top. They fold in towards the center of the boot, without having to be removed for access.

Wonderful! Thank you for the good news Sir.  :thumbup: