10 years of Weston Super Mare Meet: Sat 8th August 2015

Tigger_1979

Yerp, the WSM meet is 10 years old this year.
I have decided to mix things up slightly this time and ...

Get us to meet at Gordano Motorway Services (Junction 19 M5) at 9:30am leaving at 9:45am.

Then head to park along the sea front all day at Weston Super Mare about 10am near where the miniature train and golf course used to be.

I then plan a nice walk along the sea front and spend some time on the pier grabbing a nice fish n chips while testing out the rides.

After the Pier we can all head back to the cars for about 3pm and if good weather maybe people could spend some time with toys on the beach :P
Anyway leaving WSM about 4pm.

This time things will be slightly different as we will only be visiting the one Cider farm, yerp just the one honestly, but it will be worth it ;)

West Croft Cider Farm and this time anyone who has a tent with them can stay the night in the Orchard under the Apples with the rest of the Briskoda lot.

I have got us a reasonable deal of £15 per person per night (so anyone who would like to stay the Sunday night can do that also, but sadly I can't get us there Friday night)

On the Saturday night, we have the use of a Barn with a stage, anyone who would like to offer a DJ or band for free for this lovely meet please contact me with details. :)

Also on the Saturday night included in the price is all you can drink of West Croft's special ;) ;) ;) Apple Juice ;) ;) ;)

Sunday once people have come round I have a plan for us all to walk to the local pub to grab a nice Sunday Roast dinner. Then afterwards we can make it up as we go along.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All

If you've time on the way there or if you would like a second meeting point, Blade SKODA would welcome you to stop by their new Weston Super Mare showroom for tea/coffee and of course cake!

The new site is on Searle Crescent (BS23 3YX) which is just behind Waitrose on the way into Weston. 

All are welcome.

If you could give me a rough idea of how many would like to stop in I can make sure you have allocated parking and enough refreshments for all.

Thanks

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Afraid I have a date with a Datsun 280Z on the Saturday.  Need the money for mongrel repairs.  :(

Plus my proper weekend away is the following weekend in the Lakes.

if something is maybe happening on the sunday I'll see if I can pop up.

• Like 1

I'm looking after my wee girl on Saturday so won't make it to Gordano. I might bring her along with my Skoda... What time at the Skoda dealership, if you're going for cakes and or bacon rolls...

Hi All

If you've time on the way there or if you would like a second meeting point, Blade SKODA would welcome you to stop by their new Weston Super Mare showroom for tea/coffee and of course cake!

The new site is on Searle Crescent (BS23 3YX) which is just behind Waitrose on the way into Weston. 

All are welcome.

If you could give me a rough idea of how many would like to stop in I can make sure you have allocated parking and enough refreshments for all.

Thanks

So you going to add bacon rolls to the list? :D

Haha, no pressure then!

Will have to see what we can come up with. 

So if we get something ready for 10:15-10:30 for 10-12 people then we wouldn't be far off?

Yerp 9:30 Gordano services Jn 19 M5
and WSM Skoda between 10am and 11am, all depends on how bad the traffic is :)

Then fun on the Pier and fish n chips their, my +1 has never been to the new one, so that might be an experience with a Briskoda lot.

The weather looks like it's going to be great as well. Anyone who just wants to turn up, you still can :)
Plus anyone bringing tunes? otherwise you will have to listen to my music in the 'Disco' Barn :P