buying a skoda superb

hi I'm thinking of buying a skoda Octavia or superb a diesel model so which is the most reliable engine reliable car in general and what if any are the problems that I should look out for before I buy any help will help

Many ppl will say go for Superb 1.9 TDI, but I dont know, I have 2.5 TDI, and I would never change for 1.9.

So it is your choice, there are +/- depends for you looking for.

Do not buy 2.0 at any price.

Also, read topic on this forum:"water ingriss". Look for that symptoms...

thanks will do I'm not a boy racer or out just a plodder but I will look out for that just 2 minds with pump blowing or electrics and are they covered by aa warranty

Phone the warranty co and find out - there are usually lots of different levels of warranty cover.

In some cases they will pay you for the failed water pump itself, but not anything else that brakes as a result.

Skoda's own warranty doesn't cover damage to electrics from water ingress.

In many cases you have to pay the diagnostics cost first and then sort out the claim for the failed items afterwards (and you don't get the diagnostics money back).

• Like 1