Superb Order tracker

Hi, I thought I'd start a thread where those who have ordered can post in here order date and spec and then along the way any order updates.

I ordered mine today (10th June)

Model (UK): 1.6 TDI SE Business Edition (Hatch)

Color: Cappuccino Beige

Extras: None

• Like 2

Hi, I thought I'd start a thread where those who have ordered can post in here order date and spec and then along the way any order updates.

What kind of lead time did you get?

• Like 1

Any indication if option prices were on their way?

Nice car by the way - Cappuccino looks so much better in the metal than on photos.......

Edited by JamesKlement

What kind of lead time did you get?

I was told it should be 1st week of Sept :-) 11/12 weeks 

Any indication if option prices were on their way?

Nice car by the way - Cappuccino looks so much better in the metal than on photos.......

Said should have the options prices in next week or 2 and could easily amend order but obviously may affect lead time.

Colour was a tough choice - I really like the Silver and white looks great too - but too many White Superb Taxis near me. The Cappuccino isn't a colour you see that often which is what made me go for it in the end. 

Sounds very nice.  I had an Octavia in that colour and it looked very well plus it was easier to keep clean too.  You should have all you need with the SE business edition regardless of options

Colour was a tough choice - I really like the Silver and white looks great too - but too many White Superb Taxis near me. The Cappuccino isn't a colour you see that often which is what made me go for it in the end.

Did the dealer shed any light on which will be the standard colours?

Sounds very nice.  I had an Octavia in that colour and it looked very well plus it was easier to keep clean too.  You should have all you need with the SE business edition regardless of options

Yeah hiding the dirt is a definite bonus, my current car is black and is dirty 5 mins after washing.

I'm happy with the SE Business Edition Spec - It covers the majority of things I would want and need and looking forward to trying Carplay & Android Auto - Good bye built in outdated maps!

Did the dealer shed any light on which will be the standard colours?

The colours I was given to choose from were these which differ slightly to what is on the website - a couple missing like Black Magic & Lava Blue. The standards a Pacific Blue, Candy White & Corrida Red

The metallics:

Cappuccino 

Option required - Metallic Paint.

Brilliant Silvr

Petrol Blue 

Metal Grey 

Jungle Green 

Moon White 

Rosso Brunelle 

Business Grey 

• Like 1

Not much change from the MKII colours so.  Again it would probably be part of the cost saving measures within VAG to limit the colour offerings with Skoda.

Oh yeah and the other ommision from the list of colours I got was Brown - So thats No Brown Black and one of the blues - maybe just limiting for initial launch to help production go more smoothly in lead up to September....who knows

Yeah hiding the dirt is a definite bonus, my current car is black and is dirty 5 mins after washing.

I'm happy with the SE Business Edition Spec - It covers the majority of things I would want and need and looking forward to trying Carplay & Android Auto - Good bye built in outdated maps!

The colours I was given to choose from were these which differ slightly to what is on the website - a couple missing like Black Magic & Lava Blue. The standards a Pacific Blue, Candy White & Corrida Red

The metallics:

Cappuccino 

Brilliant Silvr

Petrol Blue 

Metal Grey 

Jungle Green 

Moon White 

Rosso Brunelle 

Business Grey 

What happened to Lava Blue from the configurator? That was the ONLY colour I even 1/2 liked. Looks like I am back to vinyl wrap or a respray :(

What happened to Lava Blue from the configurator? That was the ONLY colour I even 1/2 liked. Looks like I am back to vinyl wrap or a respray :(

Petrol Blue is the UK market name for Lava Blue. They're the same colour. It replaced Storm Blue in 2011.

So no respray or wrap needed.

I'm surprised to see Rosso Brunello shown as this was previously replaced by Magnetic Brown.

Might be worth indicating if there are any introductory discounts up for grabs? When I ordered my O3 on launch weekend, I managed to get a £3k dealer discount as they price matched carfile and SUK chucked in a further £500 plus free servicing but I see carfile not currently listing any prices for the Superb, so might be a bit early for a decent discount until they hit the showrooms. They say the early bird normally catches the worm but all I caught with my O3 were a few extra teething problems! Hopefully the S3 will be better as they have had more time to develop and refine the MQB platform but I'm hanging fire this time and will probably wait for a high spec ex-demo with a decent discount, or get a nearly new Jaag!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've had my order in since orderes were 1st taken, called Skoda today for an update for timescales and told its estimated 16 weeks from order at the moment in UK.

This puts me down for end Oct start Nov - Bit gutted its taking so long, as they are being delivered from Sept and I have ordered right away with no options so thought would get one fairly early on  - hey ho.

Don't begin to think that that will be the end of it either, especially if you have ordered any extras. 

Being a early adopter of the mk3 Octavia Vrs, speccing quite a few extras. Only to be told on several occasions that if you still require that option, NO build date could be given! electing to change one option for another didn't work either only to be told that, that option is NO longer available. 

The issues are well documented on the Octavia forum.

My final thought's..... well be prepared for a long haul. Mine took over 6 months to materialize. 

just noticed you ordered No options, but I'll leave this post here for others to hopefully take note.

Edited by panmat
  • Like 1

Ordered my L & K Estate with options on 1st July and have been given a week 40 build date - end of September/early October.

I've had my order in since orderes were 1st taken, called Skoda today for an update for timescales and told its estimated 16 weeks from order at the moment in UK.

This puts me down for end Oct start Nov - Bit gutted its taking so long, as they are being delivered from Sept and I have ordered right away with no options so thought would get one fairly early on  - hey ho.

Just had another update today advising that I am now scheduled for a 5th Oct delivery and this will lightly move forward slightly in the coming weeks so looks like I will receive in Sept after all.

• Like 1

Ordered mine - 280 L&K Hatch on Monday 20th July. Brilliant Silver Metallic, though the jury's still out on Cappuccino. Didn't feel happy with beige interior though that would probably look better, so have gone for the brown. Saw it in an Octavia and it looked ok. Who decided no black seats on an L&K?!

Only extras are DSG paddles and Smart Light Assist.

Was told October for delivery. Was an early adopter for the Octavia VRS a couple of years ago and missed out on the cruise control, so I'm hoping Skoda don't pull something equally as daft this time round.

Ordered mine - 280 L&K Hatch on Monday 20th July. Brilliant Silver Metallic, though the jury's still out on Cappuccino. Didn't feel happy with beige interior though that would probably look better, so have gone for the brown. Saw it in an Octavia and it looked ok. Who decided no black seats on an L&K?!

Only extras are DSG paddles and Smart Light Assist.

Was told October for delivery. Was an early adopter for the Octavia VRS a couple of years ago and missed out on the cruise control, so I'm hoping Skoda don't pull something equally as daft this time round.

Very nice - I like the beige interior but in practise i would be worried about it getting marked.

So the big question.......... To rear wiper or not to wiper :-) 

Thanks. It's my first Superb after a number of Octavia VRs. If it serves me half as well as all of those, which gave me no trouble ever, I'll be well pleased.

Being as you've ordered it already, I'm assuming you're lucky enough to be buying it for cash...as we dont yet know the full finance details.