Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71)

I have had this code [01274 - Air Flow Flap Positioning Motor (V71)] since I bought my 2006 Superb but have not gotten around to fixing it. The A/C is cooling the air effectively, but there is little pressure coming out of the A/C vents. It does feel like the systems is working, but misdirecting the air (flap is stuck). Is there a way to manually move the flap and then disconnect the V71 so that the flap never gets mis-positioned again?

I searched the forums but did not find a clear answer. And if the above is not possible, does anyone have any idea how many hours of labour it is to replace the part in question?

Thank you.

I can't give you a clear answer, but merely some thoughts, indications, as I had a similar problem (replaced the V68-Temperature Flap Motor, during the winter - no heat inside because of that).

In my case the motor inside the module was burnt so needed replacement, as I got no heat inside the car. Unfortunately this part couldn't be blocked in any position, as you need to regulate the heat flow. In your case I think the flap controls the defrost operation of the Climatronic, meaning it redirects the flow from the vents to the windshield. If pushing on and off the defrost (left top corner button of the climatronic) does not unblock it, I would replace the part if I were you, cause you would need at some point this function.

The tricky part was to dismantle the central console, as most of these modules (there are ~ 6 of them if I remember right controlled by the Climatronic) are behind the console, in unnaccessible/difficult locations... For a knowledgeable person (not me, I was standing next to my mechanic when he did it) it takes ~1 h labor in total.

• 1 month later...

I receive the same error on my Superb. The funny thing is that sometimes (not often) when I set a low temperature, the AC delivers very very very hot air.. The only way to solve this is to set the Climatronic to HI and then set it again at a low temperature and it works. 

Temperature control flap is on top of gear tunnel at front of car - it has a little red top you can just about see. You will sometimes find that fiddling with the red top will make it work better for a while, as will doing basic settings in VCDS to relearn the positions of the flaps. Mine is also doing this at the moment - you usually get an occasional blast of hot as the motor goes past the correct position. If you set it to LO and control the fan speed instead you also won't get the temperature variation, but it might be too cold.

I have the part to swap out but these are all a bit painful... I did the footwell / demister flap a year or so ago.