Tourist function with xenon headlights

Does anybody have any experience with changing the headlight beam for driving in europe?

In the manual it says you scroll down the menu until you find the tourist tab, but my car doesn't have it.

I phoned the local Skoda garage and they say I have to bring it into the workshop for them to reprogram the car everytime I want to change the beam. Surely this can't be correct for a manufacturer who's moto is 'simply clever'???

Thanks in advance

(ps - this is my first gripe with an otherwise great car)

Me too - used it many times with no problem - as BillyJim explains above.

It's one of the the three settings which I change at the ferry port - change the time to European time, change the SatNav to Km and change the headlights to "travel".

As far as I can see, all it does is cut out the "top left" part of the dipped beam, which would otherwise illuminate the higher bits of the roadside (in the UK) and dazzle oncoming drivers in Europe.

Edited by Simon Brooke

I've just returned from a trip to Hungary and used it with no problem.

Like Simon Brooke, I make the changes at the ferry port, though I leave the SatNav in miles so that I have a better understanding of how far I'm going.

Once tourist mode is selected, the bulb out warning light flashes every time you start the car to warn you. Also, you lose the adaptive xenon function, though as I only go abroad by car in the summer, it's not needed.

• Like 1

Thanks for your responces, my car doesn't seen to have the option on the lights & vision menu, looks like I am going to have to make a trip to the skoda garage.

The reason you don't have the option in Maxidot is because this feature is not available on the TDF.

The Tour De France is based on the Outdoor which itself is based on the SE, none of which feature the bi-xenon headlights.

Factory options were not available on the TDF.

The 'Tourist' feature is only available on bi-xenon equipped cars.

• Like 1

The reason you don't have the option in Maxidot is because this feature is not available on the TDF.

The Tour De France is based on the Outdoor which itself is based on the SE, none of which feature the bi-xenon headlights.

Factory options were not available on the TDF.

The 'Tourist' feature is only available on bi-xenon equipped cars.

Thanks silver1011, that seems to clear up the anomaly