Is anyone else's bluetooth utter ****? :-/

sniperpenguin

OK, bear with me on this one.... But does anyone else find the PID's bluetooth useless for phones?

My and OH both run Android phones (Hers is an older HTC One, mine is a Nexus 5), and both are paired up with the PID - Without fail, one of the below will happen.

- Dialing out will fail the first time

- Trying to pickup a call will fail the first time

- Audio will fail to/from the unit at the beginning of a call.

Attempt the call again, and 9/10 times the call connects and all works fine. However, it's still pretty useless for a built in system,

The unit has recently been updated to the latest revision (with no chance in results). Is it a faulty unit?

Hands-free profile is fairly universal and tends to work exceptionally well. Essentially the BT kit talks to the phone to make calls, stream music and get phonebook. The downside is using the phone's aerial to get a signal can be a bit weak, and tears the backside out of the battery.

rSAP takes control of the SIM (usually when you first pair-up it will ask you about SIM access). This then uses information from the SIM to do the work, utilising an external aerial for a much better signal. It can also bring up text message on MaxiDot (apparently not seen that work yet), read text messages out through the stereo, and create a mobile hotspot.

Steaming music, are you talking about music stored from your phone or from the internet?

On the plus side the range is pretty good, I was following my wife the other day in a 30 limit so obviously fairly close, she'd started her car first on the drive so my phone paired with that, the Citigo couldn't then pair with my phone so took option two and her phone, I managed to call her up from her phone paired to my car to my phone paired to her car!!

I've been spoiled. The bluetooth in the Yeti simply works - totally brilliant - end of! The Citigo I find completely frustrating and I've given up with it. It's only short trips in the Citigo so it doesn't really matter. I do like to use the SD slot for music and I like to have the trip info displayed on the PID so it's not a complete waste of space.

Updating the PID has made the Bluetooth worse for me on 2 occasions, although there is usually an another update soon after to fix those problems.

With the most recent update I'd say my Bluetooth isn't as good as it was previously, so keep checking back and you might find a later update fixes it.

Edited by rm123

Generally it works fine for me too streaming music from Spotify easily too. But every now and again it plays up. I just turn both my phone and the pid off and restart then both and all is well. Not much good on a short journey as this can take 5 mins.

What I would say is that the call quality when using the pid is pretty poor. People can barely hear me if the car is moving. Must be something to do with the Mike position and the background noise in the car.

I get all of the above issues.

I have to turn on bluetooth, after the satnav has started up - not before! or it won't re-sync.

1st call fails, doesn't even mute the radio. phone stays on home screen.

2nd call works.

incoming is fine.

any issues, remove PID from mount, cancel sleep mode, and power off for a full recycle.

2nd phone calls are hit and miss on the same journey.

• Like 1

I get all of the above issues.

I have to turn on bluetooth, after the satnav has started up - not before! or it won't re-sync.

1st call fails, doesn't even mute the radio. phone stays on home screen.

2nd call works.

incoming is fine.

any issues, remove PID from mount, cancel sleep mode, and power off for a full recycle.

2nd phone calls are hit and miss on the same journey.

This is pretty much my situation..... SWMBO just doesnt bother using it unless she has too.

She doesnt stream music, and has a few tracks on an SD card but the response is so sluggish she doesnt bother with it. 

Mine is better now I made sure the dash mount was connected properly. It seems to boot up quicker as the battery is always fully charged, I think if the battery is low is shuts down fully rather than going into standby

• Like 1

My phone automatically connected with the PID as soon as i got in the car and started it.I didn,t have to turn on BT after it booted up.The Garmin is far better than the Navigon i had with the car from new.Never gave any problems at all.

mine can be problematic, Galaxy S4 on 3, it connects no problem, but music slows down, speeds up, pauses for no reason, and similar issues with calls, it drops off :(

BT works almost perfectly with my Nokia 920 (Windows) phone but is very hit and miss with my daughters iphone 5. Even the text reading facility works well straight out of the box on my phone, though you have to shout at Cortana - she's a dumb b***h at times :) . Dictating reply texts is a bit hit and miss. Music streaming works well, but I tend to use what I've loaded on to the SD card instead.

Edited by Citigopher
  • Like 1

the sd card needs to be high end speed and quality. and no, i dont get any texting facility. Navigon said they dont support my phone. end of conversation.