Oil cooler kit

Try these lot they've done me great deals in the past. I reckon you'd get something better for less. It's custom made for your needs.

I don't think I'd want anything less than 10 row and definitely thermostatic plate for obv reasons.

Www.thinkauto.com

Try these lot they've done me great deals in the past. I reckon you'd get something better for less. It's custom made for your needs.

I don't think I'd want anything less than 10 row and definitely thermostatic plate for obv reasons.

Www.thinkauto.com

That's who Alex has already contacted,further back up this page :)

Had a reply this morning off them. They just wanted to check if I intend to keep the standard water-cooled heat exchanger. Then they said they'll put a quote together for me.

So fingers crossed I'll hear back off them tomorrow at some point :)

• Like 1

I looked into getting one of these a while ago and Jason linked me up with a good company but I can't remember the name.

Would anyone recommend me getting one? I only use the car on the weekend and I only have the occasionally quick blast but never really wot for long periods, I wouldn't mind doing the odd track day

You'll be fine then really, it's the track day thing that makes me say yes.

Depends if you want a track day to have a quick blast in your car or want to drive it like you stole it with no mechanical symphony.

I'd want to drive my daily car like I stole it but being a mechanic is a curse for enjoying cars "what's that noise" "what's the knocking"

"Is that my flywheel" "keep an eye on temps"

"Ooo brakes will be getting hot"

I could go on for days....

• Like 2

I want to do some track time with it, and for the money I'd rather be safe and be able to consistently thrash it without having to back off every couple of laps to let it cool down.

Just makes high oil temps one less thing to worry about.

Let's see what they come back with and see how many they'll want for a discount (if they'll do one at all!).

I looked into getting one of these a while ago and Jason linked me up with a good company but I can't remember the name.

Would anyone recommend me getting one? I only use the car on the weekend and I only have the occasionally quick blast but never really wot for long periods, I wouldn't mind doing the odd track day

Probably the same one I've emailed, as I know that's where he got his cooler setup from.

If you've got a GTB and doing any track work you need one, even the 15 minute sessions at combe saw them at 140degrees.

You need to remember these turbos use the oil for lubrucation and cooling, no coolant connected to these to help out get rid of heat :)

If you've got a GTB and doing any track work you need one, even the 15 minute sessions at combe saw them at 140degrees.

You need to remember these turbos use the oil for lubrucation and cooling, no coolant connected to these to help out get rid of heat :)

mine blower was glowing then 2 15 min track sessions def my next mod though

why not just convert the original heat exchanger to a small chargecooler setup

join the 2 water pipes together install a small radiator/oil cooler

fit a charge cooler pump and reservoir and the heat exchanger would have its own oil cooling, it won't have any effect on water temps & tbh those should be lower as the high heat in the oil won't be transferring to the water system running at 80-90deg

just a thought as the parts for a charger cooler setup can be had for £50-£100 you could even be clever and set it so the chargercooler pump doesn't kick in until oil temps are 110deg +

Ok guys, update, but news is probably not the best...

Just had an email back off them. They've applied a discount of 15% for us, but the quote they've provided me with still comes out at £191. I'm presuming delivery will be on top of this.

This is still cheaper than Darkside's price, but not by much...

For the price id rather have darksides, but that's just me.

I've orderd tones from them now and they have been faultless, aftercare is good from when I've phoned up with questions as well.

At least if I get stuck or the parts wrong etc I'm still stress free.

• Like 1

why not just convert the original heat exchanger to a small chargecooler setup

join the 2 water pipes together install a small radiator/oil cooler

fit a charge cooler pump and reservoir and the heat exchanger would have its own oil cooling, it won't have any effect on water temps & tbh those should be lower as the high heat in the oil won't be transferring to the water system running at 80-90deg

just a thought as the parts for a charger cooler setup can be had for £50-£100 you could even be clever and set it so the chargercooler pump doesn't kick in until oil temps are 110deg +

be interesting to see how well that worked, certainly simple to set up.

be ok for a track only car, but a daily driver uses the heat exchanger to help get the engine oil up to temp in cold weather etc.

An oil cooler is my next port of call, I can actually smell my car being really hot after a good trashing so god only knows what temps the oil gets upto.

Right ok, so an update on this...

Darkside have got back to me quickly in all fairness. They said they're willing to do a 10% discount for 5-10 coolers and 15% for over 10. Then free delivery to one location.

So I've PM'd a moderator to ask if I can set up a group buy. Then we can see what the interest is.

Either way I will be buying one, so would be good to get a discount...

• Like 1