Inspired by Jim's 'how to yank a door handle off' thread  :thumbup:

Before:

PICT0004_zpsgc9ayt5b.jpg

During:

PICT0005_zpsv89szp9u.jpg

After:

PICT0008_zps0pmsp2of.jpg

Goodness only knows why it's taken me three years to get to this!  :blush:

And as a handy hint, soak it in boiling water for a few minutes.  Then the old grimy stuff just rubs off, and you don't ruin your nails  :notme:  :no:

Gaz

• Like 1

Takes a fair bit of yanking though doesn't it - I'm used to things breaking when applying that much force (please say yes, so's I don't feel like a weed).

But very pleased with the result as the grubbiness has been affecting my mojo for way too long!

Gaz

Am I right in saying all you have done is remove the rubberised coating?

I did it on my old MKI Superb but was left with a shiny handle, this was before plasti dip was around though, so I suppose I could paint it again, but not sure how durable it would be?

Yeah, it's definitely not that easy to get off... but worked for me.  I think even from the bottom it is very difficult - Nackuk said as much on his writeup.

I did worry about whether it might put undue stress on the fixings for the inner part of the handle, but I guess we got away with it!  :)

The coated covers new are about £9 each from TPS.  If you go for new covers, don't throw the old ones away without first removing the clips - the new covers don't come with them.

• Like 1

Am I right in saying all you have done is remove the rubberised coating?

Whadd'ya mean 'all'?  This was done at great expense and loss of life!  I split under my thumb nail, again, and now it's sore  :doh:

And I thought I did bloody great  :dance:

Little things.....

Gaz