Chinese automatic headlight switch

Do you know if that would work with the light sensor in the glass as per the standard switch, or does it have its own light sensor?

Edited by softscoop

Do you know if that would work with the light sensor in the glass as per the standard switch, or does it have its own light sensor?

No idea mate sorry, it does take the standard connection direct to switch though.the light sensor sits between the switch and car loom.

Has its own light sensor, seems to have some wierd modes though. Instructions are terrible. Just trying to work them out. I needed the fogs position too so ideal for me.

Where does the light sensor get mounted?  Where did you source it from?  I might treat myself....

it wnt in fine but I had the very basic switch with full surround (no fogs) so small gap at the top. Not checked the colour yet am in the middle of something at home. Will post back later

it wnt in fine but I had the very basic switch with full surround (no fogs) so small gap at the top. Not checked the colour yet am in the middle of something at home. Will post back later

So if I have fogs do I have a different surround? Guess I'll have to go outside and look!

Actually I've assumed that the illumination is Green on mine, but don't actually know.

I'm not sure but i had the very basic switch before. What you can see there is actually the trim around it and the angle doesn't help. The colours seem to be orange and green with different sections different colours, hard to see in the bright sun. Not 100% but i think it does coming / leaving home too! The instructions are below, I have seen better I will be honest !

Press the switch in "0 position" will switch to the 0 position

Firmly press and turn it clockwise to hear the sound out gently pulled out.

While clockwise rotation switch, hear the sound, pull out the can.

Days high light sensor photosensitive head insert, then on both ends of the receipt of the automatic switch and body harness, the interface to        be fixed.

Leads to a sense of light head.

​Fortunately step five didn't apply, I feel fine...not at all light headed!

• Like 1

Ok the auto is orange, to the right of auto is green the rest are red. I'm sure they can be swapped out inside for green but doesn't worry me. Just started car on auto, no lights until car is running, then on they came. Turned off with ignition off but sidelights stayed on for 30 seconds or so after locking the door

Shame it doesn't quite fit, sounds ideal otherwise.

I might get excited one day and see if I can swap the trim over from another switch (and change the illumination colour at the same time).

That's a very neat solution to get auto lights without the rain/light sensor.

How much did it cost?

Did you get a "free gift" too :D

• Like 1

That's a very neat solution to get auto lights without the rain/light sensor.

How much did it cost?

Did you get a "free gift" too :D

I got a good deal as it was an auction, £10 + £6 P+P, no free gift though! I have a rather large collection of waving cat keyrings already though lol. 

I have on order a total of 17 items from China, got my new style front badge yesterday...not sure I could tell it from factory, cost me £6

I got a good deal as it was an auction, £10 + £6 P+P, no free gift though! I have a rather large collection of waving cat keyrings already though lol. 

I have on order a total of 17 items from China, got my new style front badge yesterday...not sure I could tell it from factory, cost me £6

Got a link to the badge?