Chinese automatic headlight switch

the one i posted looks closer to OEM i dont like the chunkyness of that one

the one i posted looks closer to OEM i dont like the chunkyness of that one

But the one you posted is just the switch.

Are the switches that come with the auto modules just normal switches with an aftermarket box that makes them work? So I could use a standard original switch and fit the box behind it?

BO60BYS, you can switch the coming / leaving home lights on with the carista app if you don't have access to VCDS.

Do explain? For example cost and will it work with any OBD reader?

Cost is £14.99 Through the app store ( or as I did, Request to be a BETA tester then you get it for free )

Then as I am with Apple, You need a Wi-Fi ELM327 OBD2 reader to plug in your diagnostics socket ( £10-£15 off Ebay )

This is by no means an alternative for VCDS before people start, But if you just want to adjust a few things and read any error codes you might get then it does that job perfectly.

Once you have an ELM327 you can always use other apps like Dashcommand, This is also a neat little app and only cost £7 I think.

• Like 1

Cost is £14.99 Through the app store ( or as I did, Request to be a BETA tester then you get it for free )

Then as I am with Apple, You need a Wi-Fi ELM327 OBD2 reader to plug in your diagnostics socket ( £10-£15 off Ebay )

This is by no means an alternative for VCDS before people start, But if you just want to adjust a few things and read any error codes you might get then it does that job perfectly.

Once you have an ELM327 you can always use other apps like Dashcommand, This is also a neat little app and only cost £7 I think.

Will it work with a BLUETOOTH OBD reader? i have one of them already?

Will it work with a BLUETOOTH OBD reader? i have one of them already?

Hope so because I've just bought a Bluetooth ELM327 off ebay.

Says that android will work with bluetooth but apple needs a wifi ELM.

• Like 1

Ok so i just downloaded CARISRA on my HTC ADRIOD and it won't work with the bluetooth OBD reader that i have so theres a good chance it will only work with their own device which is £25.00 off amazon. 

If anyone had got a non CARISTA OBD reader that lets you customise the car settings let me know, i have this one... 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-OBD-HHOBD-Android-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Device-PC-Wireless-Car-Fault-Reader-/251633703454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a96899a1e

This is the message i get 

UtgHWNP.png

I'm on Apple, works with iPhone & iPad no probs.

Last question because feel like i have hijacked this thread can you activate coming and going lights even without the auto switch> by just leaving the headlights in the on position and using that carista?

You can indeed activate coming / leaving home lights, you don't need to leave the switch in the on the position, leave it off.

Works on mine, only reason I don't have the option switched on is because I don't have a light sensor so they work day or night, looks silly having the lights on during the day!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, got an Octavia specific auto headlamp switch from Ali express for £9. Used it with the auto headlamp loom. Lights up green and function with the loom is perfect. Fitment is tidier too.

post-128022-0-19093400-1436878165_thumb.jpg

Quick update, got an Octavia specific auto headlamp switch from Ali express for £9. Used it with the auto headlamp loom. Lights up green and function with the loom is perfect. Fitment is tidier too.

Do you have a link to the one you purchased?

• Like 1

Search Ali express for: OEM 1Z0 941 431K Head Lamp Switch for Skoda. I use the app on my phone and can't find a way to copy the link. I used the car last night for the first time in the evening. Interesting to see that it has a few stages, side lights only as it starts to get dark, then switches to dipped beam as gets darker. Then ignition off around 30 seconds of coming home side lights.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased new head light switch 1Z0 941 431K from aliexpress. Old switch was also 1Z0 941 431, but without "auto"-position and I wanted now to get switch with auto-position to enable some light settings with VCDS.

Mechanically it seems to work ok, but it is constanty sending "01800 - Light switch E1"- (VCDS) error to light controller. Of course seller is not voluntarily refunding any money and they are just keep saying that switch is not compatible with my car (FL-model, elegance, manuf. end of 2010). What is your opinion..Is that really wrong switch or are our chinese friends just trying to fool me?

Edited by octy3

It's possible you are missing a wire between the switch and the BCM. Can you have a look at the plug to the light switch and see which pins are populated?

A picture of each side would be ideal.

There is a couple on there. Who was the seller? Also would it work with a Pre Fl with auto?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I purchased new head light switch 1Z0 941 431K from aliexpress. Old switch was also 1Z0 941 431, but without "auto"-position and I wanted now to get switch with auto-position to enable some light settings with VCDS.

Mechanically it seems to work ok, but it is constanty sending "01800 - Light switch E1"- (VCDS) error to light controller. Of course seller is not voluntarily refunding any money and they are just keep saying that switch is not compatible with my car (FL-model, elegance, manuf. end of 2010). What is your opinion..Is that really wrong switch or are our chinese friends just trying to fool me?

Just to add some more detail now I've checked with a wiring diagram.

The FL elegance came with a rain light sensor behind the rear view mirror so you are only trying to fit the auto light switch right? If so, I would currently expect 9 wires going to the auto light switch.

You will need to fit a wire from pin 2 of the auto light switch to pin 20 of connector A to the BCM.