Leaving ... just going next door though!

Jock

I hope you enjoy your new car.

We'll leave the door on the latch so you can pop in when you feel like it.

Hi Jock enjoy the new wheels :thumbup: , another one from the little Yeti meet gone, not seen anything from four wheel driver for a long time now, that was a good run across the moors enjoyed the company and the day.

The good lady must do a lot of shopping :o , SWMBO only manages half a boot full thank god   :'( .

Fingers crossed Tim ... we actually went with the intention of buying a new Yeti - had the test drive and everything - even had the papers on the desk ready to sign when she said, "You know, I quite like the Octavia - it's got more room in the boot!"  (There was an Octavia estate sitting behind us in the showroom).

Then the salesman said, "What about the Octavia Scout?"

It all went downhill from there!

Kevin, I came across the photographs a few days ago - with your missus and "the boys!" Are you ever up in this neck of the woods nowadays?

Will Octy Scouts be welcome at a Yeti meet? :-)

• Like 1

Not as good in terms of turning circle I think. The yeti is excellent. I'll tell you next week when my octy III arrives. It's definitely longer.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fingers crossed Tim ... we actually went with the intention of buying a new Yeti - had the test drive and everything - even had the papers on the desk ready to sign when she said, "You know, I quite like the Octavia - it's got more room in the boot!"  (There was an Octavia estate sitting behind us in the showroom).

Then the salesman said, "What about the Octavia Scout?"

It all went downhill from there!

Kevin, I came across the photographs a few days ago - with your missus and "the boys!" Are you ever up in this neck of the woods nowadays?

Will Octy Scouts be welcome at a Yeti meet? :-)

Hi Jock 

Not been that far up since the meet up with you guy's, only been up as far as Manchester airport for my yearly trip to Cuba as they pulled the Gatwick flight, have to get my yearly fix of Cuban rum and sun  :D, we did go up to Scotland last Easter to see friends we met in Cuba but left the Yeti at Gatwick bit to far to drive for a two day stay :D.

We will get back up that way one day but things keep getting in the way, like being a granddad now, we will let you and TP know when we do so we can maybe have a pub lunch together, hope you enjoy the new Octy as much as you have the Yeti.   

Tim, you can bring a Volvo because we won't be able to call it a Yeti meet any more anyway!

I'm still getting use to the wee bit extra length, the turning circle is fair, but not a patch on the Yeti.

The main thing is the wife is happy - she can get loads of stuff in the boot!

• Like 1

Hi Jock: Another member from the Yeti meet and no longer a Yeti owner. It was a great day meeting everyone, perhaps we should do a "car" meet sometime soon, it would be good to see everyone again and look at the cars...Regards Jon

• Like 1

since most of us will still have skodas of one form or another then it could be a Briskoda meeting? Was at my local VW Club annual BBQ at the weekend and an Octavia estate turned up - my son was astonished, "you mean you don't need to bring a VW to get in?" 

This does indeed have the basis of a "Cunning plan" TP - and as our "unofficially appointed day out organiser", where do we meet up and when? :-)

By the way, we can't use the SM-LOC banner - there may be some Yeti people wanting to join us!  How about SMAESMOC (Snow Monster and Ex Snow Monster Owners Club)?

• Like 2