Oil Spray Jet (Squirters) Replacement 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132 - 136 kw Twincharger.

I will get the full history off the dealer and post it up.

In the mean time, today, 20026m showing and the oil is still at the top of the stick below Orange Segment. Not even at the hatched area yet... :D

Engine is still warm so will measure it in the morning when cold.

Edited by BigEjit

?

What colour of vRS?

Do you know where the Oil should be on a Cold Dip with 3.6 litres of oil, 

then when doing a Hot (operating) Temperature.?

Rally Green (does that make it faster?).

The oil should be around the top of the hatched area. If its there or thereabouts after 1000 miles since the fix, it has to be better than needing a butt tightening 2 litres after 1000 miles as before.

Means it will go several thousand more before needing a top up. That in itself is in the area of acceptable oil usage if it will go between services without needing to add any. ie, bottom of the stick at service time is OK.

Bottom of the stick really is not OK, unless you think so.

a 1390 cc 180 ps minimum engine with a 3.6 litre oil capacity running 1/3rd less oil is just not good.

2+ litres low and no Warning Light is part of the Fundamental Design Fault.

Have you got in 5w 30 Long Life Oil from the new jets being fitted, or 5w 40 oil ,  both are OK if Oil / Filter servicing at 10,000 miles.

Variable longer than 10,000 needs 5w 30 Long Life.

Spark Plugs need checked if not done, not many go to 40,000 miles.

1 cylinder can burn out a Spark Plug and the over heating can burn out the ignition coil

PS

If the DSG Service Campaign work was required and done,

there should be a Sticker in the Spare Tyre well showing it was,

beside the cars VIN and build spec.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I would say bottom end of the hatched area on dipstick is Ok, so long as it will take no more than 1 litre to get it back to the top. I know it will go lower than that and still be OK. :peek:

Castrol Edge 0w40 for winter cold starts/short trips (meets VW502) and V-Power all the way. TX is on both and is perfect. VRS won't see 10k in a year so annual services will be the norm.

No additional sticker in wheel well so will be following that one up.

And I will now be checking the plugs regularly.

Thanks for the tips!!!

Shell V-power might be 99 ron, and might just be part of the Bore Wash issues.

Tesco Momentum 99 is £2.25 a tank less,. but that is not the important thing.  

But with Shell it is bound to be better, all those special detergents, 'what is the worst that can happen'.

Personally i would not use 0w -40 for a Twincharger ,

but let us see how it goes,  5w 40 is just fine, better than fine.

• Like 1

A fix that VW came up with for the engines with high oil consumption.

Rolled out in Australia, and appeared to sort out ones not using much oil.

Then becoming common it appears where the Oil Consumption Test has been a fail or border line.

Seems to work with the CTHE Engines.

Waiting to hear on CAVE being successful on engines over 2 1/2 year old, and high oil users,

some were done according to people posting, but not a success, and a replacement engine was still required.

Some have said their CTHE had a ECU Update & replaced / upgraded Oil Spray Jets.

One members CTHE is in having it done on the CTHE Replacement engine they fitted under warranty,

and has been told it is getting Breather Pipes & Oil Spray Jet Upgrades.

Odd on the Breather pipes on a CTHE car built late 2012.

Edited by goneoffSKi

They were not perfectly good though were they.  Most are, the majority.

If the Dealerships had reported all reports from customers they received to Skoda UK & Skoda CZ, and Skoda 

had listened, and given clear advise on the Oil, checks, updates, and changed the Owners Manual or 

Printed a Revised or Update for the 1.4 TSI Twincharger, 

issues would have been resolved quicker.

Issues are not resolved, 

Some of the replacement / revised engines, needing revised now, and until the Upgrade covers at least 10,000 miles 

and has Dealership Servicing, nobody knows if the issue is resolved.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Have you updates from Volkswagen, or anymore knowledge or experience yet,

or is this still a research project for you.

I really do not care what you recall,  you recall what someone tells you or not as you chose.

it is what is documented back to 2012 when Skoda UK Customer Services were assuring they would have the changes made.

The wording in the Owners Manual for a Skoda which differed in Translation to English from the Volkswagen and Seat ones.

Warm / Operating.  May, might  and other words.  Diagrams.

Quantity Errors in tables etc.

I though i answered you.

The errors in translation and instructions in Owners Manuals.

You will have received one with your Skoda, so read it, and compare with the online, proof read and identify.

Do your own homework.

As is so often the case with your rants, you don't really know what you are talking about

-or-

On the off-chance that you do actually have access to some specific information you lack the skills to express it.

Or, as is the actual case,

i have no interest in helping you with anything, and will be very happy to help any Twincharger Owners or potential owners.

Or at least trying to help, even if i am unsuccessful in doing that.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Perhaps by being specific in describing the errors you say you have identified when comparing your Owner's Manual with some mythical one online which you claim is accurate you would help others rather than your usual tedious non-specific attacks on Skoda and VAG.

ps - reading most of your posts, any translation into English wouldn't help you much ;)

Edited by vxh26

I will get the full history off the dealer and post it up.

In the mean time, today, 20026m showing and the oil is still at the top of the stick below Orange Segment. Not even at the hatched area yet... :D

Engine is still warm so will measure it in the morning when cold.

So as promised, oil reading when cold, 20026m and 1000 miles since squirter fix...

The oil level in the full zone halfway between the hatched area and bottom of the Orange segment. Result!!!

• Like 2

Perfect.

Enjoy.

There is the Zabozuma check, 

maybe try it sometime, then you never need to do Hot Checks.

Stone cold like today.

Open the drivers door, dont get in, just put the key in, start the engine, stop right away.

Go dip it,

Where it was Cold Dip,   the oil is now up top in the Oil Filter Housing, 

and if you Dip it will likely read the same as a Hot Dip,  just at the top of the Cross Hatch Area.

Also if you have your 12v Data Logger.

You might note, when you open the drivers door, the Fuel Pump primes the System if the car 

has been sitting long enough.

When you have just stopped a short time, it does not need to.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 4 weeks later...

Mine looks to have slowed down. I'm guessing about 250ml over the 2000km since the oil jet change, when I was using up to a litre in the same distance previously (although generally about half a litre).

I say "guessing" as I have a weird issue in that the dipstick level has become hard to read. Instead of getting a clear-cut level (warm or cold) reading, I get a vague level with less oil smeared higher up on the dipstick. It's as if some oil is clinging to the dipstick tube, rather than all draining back down.

Edited by OzFabia
  • Like 1

Just a shame that the dipstick check was never totally full proof. Subject to hit or miss, another engineering /R&D design fault. Never sorted by VAG.

Hot /Cold /Primed or WTF.

OzFabia, 

I have seen this with the Oil on the Dipstick Tube with some cars that have been getting Official Oil Consumption Tests done and an engine that had new Oil Spray Jets.

Normally you got a clean level cold., & a Level you could see Hot. Then its like the Oil is on the Dipstick Tube.

Be sure to ask the Techs that worked on your car, or any member can ask if,

'They added any additive to the Engine Oil at the time of the Oil Service, or is it just VW 504 00 / 5w 30 Full Synthetic Long Life?'

• Like 2

Just a shame that the dipstick check was never totally full proof. Subject to hit or miss, another engineering / R&D design fault. Never sorted by VAG.

Hot /Cold /Primed or WTF.

I take it that this problem also exists with your "New Golf R Lapiz Blue 3DR Manual very good spec."?

I guess that other cars have an entirely different,  completely accurate way of feeding the dip-stick into the engine because their manufacturers have a vastly superior Engineering / R&D capability?

@ OzFabia - does this problem with reading the dipstick still occurs if you try it with the engine completely cold, after the car has been unused overnight?