Oil Spray Jet (Squirters) Replacement 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132 - 136 kw Twincharger.

I take it that this problem also exists with your "New Golf R Lapiz Blue 3DR Manual very good spec."?

I guess that other cars have an entirely different,  completely accurate way of feeding the dip-stick into the engine because their manufacturers have a vastly superior Engineering / R&D capability?

@ OzFabia - does this problem with reading the dipstick still occurs if you try it with the engine completely cold, after the car has been unused overnight?

Yes, cold and warm.

• Like 2

vxh26,  here we go again.  

? What is your latests news of these engines, any news from VW, or new experiences?

Have you actually yet dipped one of these engines, seen what the story is with them,

monitored oil use, and seen how they behave after an Oil & Filter change, and as the oil gets older and darker,

or have you just been reading more about them ?

I think those with the cars know what it is all about.  (no winky things sorry.)

Have you looked ever at the dipstick on a 1.4 TSI Twincharger and checked the oil ,

or the dipstick tube is what matters really.

What type of car is it you drive,

and how often does it require oil checked, or any top ups between services?

As we all know, it is not rocket science.

** Remember and check the Skoda Owners Manual for the same Engines as is in the VW's, & in VW Owners Manuals.

Skoda do not say 'Operating Temperature',  they say 'Warm',   but then it is not rocket science, just an error in translation'.**

'CHECK AT OPERATING TEMPERATURE', or maybe best check when stone cold. 'You decide!'.  Whats the worst that happens.?

Yes...I know what OzFabia is taking about. I think it happens more when the oil is between the hatched area and the top orange bit. I just checked mine, HOT, and had the same problem. I tried a slightly different method.......Pull out dipstick, clean, put in dipstick.....as soon as it bottoms out in the tube, pull it out quick, and check. Don't leave dipstck in the tube. One quick movement, down and up.

My car has done 2400kms since the jets were done and still very little movement on the oil level, and oil staying much cleaner!!

• Like 1

Yes...I know what OzFabia is taking about. I think it happens more when the oil is between the hatched area and the top orange bit. I just checked mine, HOT, and had the same problem. I tried a slightly different method.......Pull out dipstick, clean, put in dipstick.....as soon as it bottoms out in the tube, pull it out quick, and check. Don't leave dipstck in the tube. One quick movement, down and up.

My car has done 2400kms since the jets were done and still very little movement on the oil level, and oil staying much cleaner!!

Good to hear. What engine do you have?

Xeon5,

there is a rather big difference with these CAVE engines in Australia that were not using that much Oil in the first place, 

& your Polo GTI which was drinking oil.

Have you priced a Dealership doing the Oil Spray Jet replacements, and have you had no luck on VW UK contributing to the cost of having remedial work done?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/310597-polo-oil-consumption/page-7

(post #206)

??

How much oil are you now needing to add

& how often to keep the Oil at the top of the Cross Hatch. Area A ?

Yes...I know what OzFabia is taking about. <SNIP>

Frankly I am sceptical about your suggested cure involving what Alex would have called "the old in-n-out", I can't see any logic behind it. As it happens, I think I can explain the behaviour of the dipstick that you and OzFabia are experiencing.

What geographically challenged readers here are ignoring is that Australia is in fact upside down. It is hardly surprising that the oil runs from the sump up the dipstick tube - gravity rules!

Frankly I am sceptical about your suggested cure involving what Alex would have called "the old in-n-out", I can't see any logic behind it. As it happens, I think I can explain the behaviour of the dipstick that you and OzFabia are experiencing.

What geographically challenged readers here are ignoring is that Australia is in fact upside down. It is hardly surprising that the oil runs from the sump up the dipstick tube - gravity rules!

Well the oil is so thin, like water, so if you snooze....you lose!!

And you could have a point about being upside down but.....

vhx26,

is jesting, but also just missing out the world spinning and centrifugal forces drawing the oil to the centre, (doh, it throws it out)

and how the oil goes in the filler in the southern hemisphere, like how the bath water goes down the plug hole.

(like the Gravity he understands science a little,  car mechanics not so much, but lets have his comical moment, since none of it matters to him.)

Anyway, 

why after the Oil Spray Jets have been replaced, or some workshops have done an oil consumption test in any part of the world is the oil more likely to be coating the Dip Stick Tube, when hot or cold?

• Like 1

I take it that this problem also exists with your "New Golf R Lapiz Blue 3DR Manual very good spec."?

I guess that other cars have an entirely different,  completely accurate way of feeding the dip-stick into the engine because their manufacturers have a vastly superior Engineering / R&D capability?

@ OzFabia - does this problem with reading the dipstick still occurs if you try it with the engine completely cold, after the car has been unused overnight?

No. Visual Readout is very clear and no confusion apparent with the Golf R, so your assumption is incorrect. I see the difference regularly with my Partner's Fabia vRS mk2 and also my previous owner experience of the same. However, my experience of my TWO Fabia  vRS MK1 was never a problem, so my  conclusion of the mk2 design /application still holds.

What do you drive and how visually easy / accurate is your dipstick to read?

vrskeith.  sorry OT,

but what is the latest story with the partners DSG & the warning lights?

See the "Recall DSG" thread, posted update last night George.

However, in short,the dealership now has New Mechatronic ready to install - and they are loaning her a car under warranty cover.

Members

PipPipPipPipPip

3,313 posts

0 warning points

Car:New Golf R Lapiz Blue 3DR Manual very good spec.

Posted 22 July 2015 - 15:35

http://www.volkswage...drivetrains/dsg

So my partner , a well experienced driver of DSG7 in Fabia vRS X2,her 1st real Brown Trouser / Knicker moments in the last 3 weeks.

She does 15000 miles a year in her cars with a varied commute which total uses the DSG to the full every day.

Her first car had the very odd hiccup with the DSG - WHICH imparts the element of uncertainty in the brain. However this car (CAVE) had the engine replaced at 43000.

Current car CTHE July 2013 - didn't require the Service Campaign ,as "Correct Oil " at build. Currently at approx. 26000 miles

So Tuesday MORNING we have the DSG issues arising FOR A 3RD TIME in 3 weeks - the most concerning of which TODAY, is travelling at 60 mph in a busy main A roads, which has 32 ton trucks up your ass regularly, the car decides to go into coasting mode,out of the blue, with D7 SPANNER ALARMS ,THEN AS SLOWING DOWN D3.

Last week we were away on holiday ,so left the car at the dealers for then to investigate the previous issues.

On return home last Monday the dealer had returned the car ,with a note saying ,Master Tech couldn't re-enact the fault described (Intermittent)(but might be a Mechatonic issue may need replacing)

So as aforementioned the week began as described.

I'm sorry VW,SKODA etc. has the BROWN TROUSER MOMENTS of the Unit ever been fully resolved and I would suggest it is a SAFTY ISSUE - RECALL not a low key Service Campaign.

I wonder how many Owners have TRULY had the brown trouser moment - near miss or whatever with this DSG7 BOX.

WHAT ACTUAL SKODA - VAG history record exists, with associated corrective actions/fault correction to resolve SUCH DANGEROUS MALFUNCTIONS.

Dealers comments, well we haven't experienced many with problems.

Mechatronic UNIT now ordered on Tuesday - prior to today's event, but dealer never suggested having the vehicle in and replacing with a SAFE LOANER until fixed.

Edited by vrskeith, 22 July 2015 - 15:40.

MultiQuote

Make a Complaint/Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#67    vrskeith

Uber Member

Members

PipPipPipPipPip

3,313 posts

0 warning points

Car:New Golf R Lapiz Blue 3DR Manual very good spec.

Posted Yesterday, 19:04

So New Mechatronic Unit has arrived at the Service Dealership, for installation by the Master Tech in the coming week.The dealer issuing a loan car under warranty.

That being said ,the multi event "Brown Trouser Moments" over 3  consecutive days, plus 2 in the previous week, has some what bashed her confidence in the DSG.

MultiQuote

Make a Complaint/Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prev

Page 3 of 3  

Back to General Car Chat · Next Unread Topic →

Reply to this topic

vrskeith's Photo

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

I hope you're right about it being above the cross-hatched level and getting smeared. I was thinking that it had used no oil or close to none until my most recent check. I will try your "quick withdrawal" method ( :D ), and see if that produces a clearer result.

Edited by OzFabia
  • Like 2

So just got off the phone to VW Customer Services as I sent them an email about the oil consumption, and I got the whole "we know nothing" and "not currently aware of any issue" rubbish. 

Mentioned that after doing my own research that I found it was a common issue with the GTI, vRS and A1 variant and they said again, "we know nothing". Plus they added "anyone can post on the internet"...

They did say that I would have to book it in for an oil consumption test to diagnose the car which is fair enough but the fact they couldn't mention what would happen after if it failed is total BS lol.

Does anyone hear who lives in the South West (e.g. Bristol, Bath, etc) know anyone at a VW or Skoda dealer that has helped them and I can get in contact with?

You had best get your VW UK customer services to have a Customer Services manager call you because who you are talking to might not know but they know of the 1,400 UK Polo GTI Twinchargers how many they did warranty work on and how many failed oil consumption tests.

They also know why VW changed the Breather Pipes, and the engine management, then revised and introduced the CTHE engines, and now are fitting Upgrade Squirters. Suggest on the phone they Google Squirters, then get back to work and check out Oil spray jets VW.

• Like 3

They also know why VW changed the Breather Pipes, and the engine management, then revised and introduced the CTHE engines, and now are fitting Upgrade Squirters. Suggest on the phone they Google Squirters, then get back to work and check out Oil spray jets VW.

I probably won't ask them to google squirters as they may get a shock lol. As I have already topped up my oil I am going to record the mileage from when I topped it up and when it gets down to half way and then raise it with the dealer and then If I get any trouble I will ask to speak to a customer service manager. All this fuss just to get them to fit a £20 part from a CAVD engine :P

The Audi A1 1.4 TFSI 185ps had as bad a failure rate as the sister cars, and less than 500 of them were sold in the UK. What do you want from VW the newer Oil Spray Jets? Have you had the newest breather pipes and a ECU update?

The Audi A1 1.4 TFSI 185ps had as bad a failure rate as the sister cars, and less than 500 of them were sold in the UK. What do you want from VW the newer Oil Spray Jets? Have you had the newest breather pipes and a ECU update?

I haven't had anything done yet, this is the first time i have approached VW about the issue. As far as I know the car hasn't had anywork done to it in regards to the oil consumption, plus VW won't tell me anything about previous warranty work incase I steel someones bank details. Lol

VW UK CS are taking the Mick.   

There is no reason for them not to tell you the Cars Service and Warranty History as done at Official Dealerships.

They actually should be telling you.

Yeah exactly. They said they were not obligated to tell me as it would have been them who paid for the work and that it wasn't in my ownership during the time. I sapose in terms of my warranty if they are denying that its a known issue and that they cant tell me the previous work then if there is an issue then the warranty cant avoid the work

Put your request in writing to VW Customer Services,

and if anyone calls you ask them to put what ever they are saying in writing.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/contact-us/owners/service_history

Have a look at 'It's about my car',  and 'My Vehicle Service History', 'How can i find out about a used car',

*Can i get a Service History Emailed or Printed ?*

*Can i Email or call to get the Service History now?*

and VW Dealers can tell you this where work was done

within the Official Dealerships, and CS can tell you just the same information.

Maybe use the Complaints Procedure to let them know about the VW UK Customer Services you have not 

received so far.

Maybe a Senior Customer Services Manager will be in touch, then get the Technical Department Manager 

to get in touch.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.   Tell them anything, they will go away, who listens to them anyway!

• Like 1

Put your request in writing to VW Customer Services,

and if anyone calls you ask them to put what ever they are saying in writing.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/contact-us/owners/service_history

Have a look at 'It's about my car', and 'My Vehicle Service History', 'How can i find out about a used car',

*Can i get a Service History Emailed or Printed ?*

*Can i Email or call to get the Service History now?*

and VW Dealers can tell you this where work was done

within the Official Dealerships, and CS can tell you just the same information.

I will try that, but isnt that just for work done at the service intervalls as i have some of that paper work?