Swing Gen 2 and station logos

Hello all

In the online manual for the new Fabia with Swing radio it notes on page 15 that you can manage radio stadion logos.

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Fabia_NJ/05-2015/Navigation/Swing/A06_Fabia_Swing_InfotainmentSystem_Navigation.pdf

But the option is not in my unit. So I was wondering if there are somebody out there that have noticed the option to change radio station logos.

Or purhaps it is for a newer firmware.??

BR

Alex

My wife has a 15 plate Fabia MKIII SE-L.

When you set the radio to the stations you require the Logo's show up automaticly.  All of the stations we have selected, including DAB have a Station Logo

JUst had a look at the link you posted and the Wifes radio is different, we have no SD card slot

My wife has a 15 plate Fabia MKIII SE-L.

When you set the radio to the stations you require the Logo's show up automaticly.  All of the stations we have selected, including DAB have a Station Logo

JUst had a look at the link you posted and the Wifes radio is different, we have no SD card slot

Are you sure? Did you have a look into the glove compartment, upper left ( or for you lefties maybe right-) corner?

Are you sure? Did you have a look into the glove compartment, upper left ( or for you lefties maybe right-) corner?

In the glove box, top left corner there are 2 little box type things, both have blanking plates fitted. I assume that is where the SD card readers would be fitted. We have a USB and AUX socket next to the 12v plug and are under the Climate Controls behind the gear stick.  The wife is out at the moment but I can post a picture when she returns later in the day

This is the Radio fitted   (scroll down the page)

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/fabiahatch2015/features-and-spec

In the glove box, top left corner there are 2 little box type things, both have blanking plates fitted. I assume that is where the SD card readers would be fitted. We have a USB and AUX socket next to the 12v plug and are under the Climate Controls behind the gear stick.  The wife is out at the moment but I can post a picture when she returns later in the day

This is the Radio fitted   (scroll down the page)

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/fabiahatch2015/features-and-spec

The SD card slot is on the right tooked in the corner.. see img

post-129000-0-99053600-1435314903_thumb.jpg

The SD card slot is on the right tooked in the corner.. see img

attachicon.gifDSC00035.JPG

Well I never, the Salesman says they don't have one. Thanks lesmond, you learn something every day 

( awaite's the arrivel of the wife to go look in the glove box )

So whats those little square boxes for on the top left

But thats on the Bolero version.

the manual I link to is for the Swing version, the small screen and SD card slot in the front. On that radio there is no option in radio settings to change the station logos, and there are no default logos. I beleve it's a mistype in the manual, but just wanted to see if anybody else noticed it with the Swing radio.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On my swing radio I have the option to change logo's , but I have to feed them via the SD card reader in the front.

Dont know if it works, been to lazy to try.

• Like 1

But thats on the Bolero version.

the manual I link to is for the Swing version, the small screen and SD card slot in the front. On that radio there is no option in radio settings to change the station logos, and there are no default logos. I beleve it's a mistype in the manual, but just wanted to see if anybody else noticed it with the Swing radio.

On my swing radio I have the option to change logo's , but I have to feed them via the SD card reader in the front.

Dont know if it works, been to lazy to try.

Yes - I've a got a Swing radio on mine - with the SD card on front (thought all the Fabia III Swings did??)  ... Downloaded the Station Logos and have them on the radio now.

It's not difficult. ( .. if using a Mac, remember to finish up transfer to SD card with a quick run of the "Clean SMB" app - it's a free download)

The radio with logos looks good !  It brightens up an otherwise grey screen.

IMG_0313_zps3emoswjo.jpg

IMG_0322_zpsmpcch9rb.jpg

IMG_0324_zpsogb9vsyw.jpg

How on earth did you du that. I don't have a menu option to add icons... Can you perhaps show the procedure with photos? and what the logos have in regards to naming and type and size?

I really want this as the screen looks so dull with out logos...

Best regards Alex

OK - I'll take a few piccies !

There's a couple threads on the Octy3 forum - talking about Bolero - but similar stuff for Swing!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/359927-radio-station-logos/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/362024-station-logo-update/

and the logos are available at:

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf_7/brochure/senderlogos.html

- just select your country - and it'll download the zip file for your country. It's updated to 2013.

I'll take a few pics and get back :-)  !

• Like 1

Ok ...

1. First Check that you can find the Station Logo button on your radio ( if you can't - everything after this step is pointless !! ):

When in Radio - go to settings (the cogs on bottom right corner of screen), brings up a set of options - scroll down a little and

you get the "Station Logos" option:

IMG_0348_zps9wndtkep.jpg

OK? - Now we can start !

2. Save logos onto SD card or USB stick

( I made a Logos folder/directory on the my SD card and saved them there. Also - reminder about extra step if using a Mac, and "cleaning" unusable files from card before using in car )

That address again for downloading logos from the VW site

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf_7/brochure/senderlogos.html

Select your country, download the zip file (which should unpack automatically on your computer)

3. Save some stations onto those preset buttons

( I'll assume you've done that ?)

4. Select "Station Logos" to bring you to the "Manage Logos" screen :

IMG_0351_zpso5cwhtar.jpg

5. Select a Blank Button (which must already have a station preset to it - NEAR FM in the pic above )

6. Select where logos saved (SD or USB media) :

IMG_0352_zpsse8o5svn.jpg

6a. Select which folder on the media:

IMG_0354_zpstq2pmntr.jpg

7. Then it gives you the list of logo files - select the one for that station:

IMG_0355_zps9dozbb2f.jpg

8. It Loads..

IMG_0356_zpszw45v0t0.jpg

9. ... and goes back to "Manage Logos" screen with your newly uploaded logo.

IMG_0357_zpsgrz6mfpl.jpg

10. Do that for all the other presets !

11. ... or press Radio button to go and play radio !!

12. Enjoy colour !

• Like 1

Odd I do not have that menu on my Skoda Swing radio.

Perhaps it can be activated via VCDS...

post-129989-0-98478000-1436707057_thumb.jpg

post-129989-0-64918100-1436707067_thumb.jpg

What firmware is your radio on? perhaps it is only for radios after week 22 (MY16) mine is a MY15.

PS noticed that the check mark on yours is in color (green) mine is whit/gray... 

Edited by Alexsus

Umm...

here's mine .. different Part Number for a start - then, I don't have DAB like your radio does. It's a different unit with DAB.

Can't see that there would be a major difference for Swing post w22 .. no Smartlink stuff here, like with the Boleros.

Have you put your VIN number into the Skoda website  (http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/)  to see if there's any updates for your Radio? Mine is showing a Bluetooth update. 

(Or get dealer to do software updates if car is in for something else ?)

IMG_0361_zpsgx17jay4.jpg

• Like 1