Help - just bought Monte Carlo and do short journeys mostly. Mistake?

twoladies

Once again....thank you all.  I will try again after the stated 10.48 and see if I can post. :sweat:

Another question...... will it help if I use Shell V Power instead of Tesco with 2p off?  Don't want to be haring off down the M1 to Brent X too often - always proves expensive for us females :D  :D  :D

will it help if I use Shell V Power instead of Tesco with 2p off?

This is a subject for endless and repated debate on this forum and many others.  A search for "supermarket fuel" on here will probably turn up tens of threads, on the wider web using Google probably thousands of hits.  Without rehashing all the opinions, arguments, counter-arguments, justifications and 'evidence' put forward, I thinkit's safest to say that no-one really knows what the underlying truth is.  Your owner's manual tells you to use diesel which meets the EN590 standard: that's what the engine has been designed to use.  All fuel sold on forecourts in the UK meets that standard, unless someone somewhere has made a massive mistake (Tesco do seem to have a bit of track record of occasionally dispensing diesel from petrol pumps, and vice versa!)

I've never put V-Power in my Yeti.  I fill up almost exclusively at Sainsburys and Tesco, and I've never had the slightest murmur of a complaint from the engine.

I once worked out that the extra 0.2p per litre that I could save by filling up at an Asda that was on my daily route home was completely negated by the fuel used to drive the extra half mile that was required to get to and from the forecourt at the rear of their site.  On the other hand, driving a greater distance in order to buy more expensive fuel and running the risk of additional cost arising from a spot of casual retail therapy 'while you're there' sounds like a triple whammy!

I think that in the end it comes down to what each individual feels comfortable with.  If paying a few pence extra per litre for branded fuel makes you feel better, for whatever reason, then do it.  At the end of the day it's your money.

Thanks - I had a feeling that there's no easy answer. 

Actually, what I meant by haring down to Brent X was not for fuel, but to do an Italian tune-up.  Was wondering if the Shell stuff would prevent me having to clear the filter because I do short journeys -  thus avoiding the 'retail therapy' by going to Brent X.......this shopping centre is just the right distance for me to do the 15 mins in lowish gear to burn off the dust.  At least, I think I have this right.  I will wait until the warning light comes on anyway.

I will also have her serviced every 12 months.

"You can make 46 more posts until Today, 19:15. This restriction is in place until 26 July 2015 - 08:49" This comes up on a green background when I reply to a topic.

Previously, the restriction was until 10.58 this morning.  Not too sure what is going on here.

I've had 2 diesel yetis and never seen a warning light.

I'll donate a Tenner ,to a charity of your choice,if you ever see a DPF warning light.

Saw the DPF warning many times on the Octy VRs PD engine but never on my other two VRs with CR engine.

"You can make 46 more posts until Today, 19:15. This restriction is in place until 26 July 2015 - 08:49" This comes up on a green background when I reply to a topic.

Previously, the restriction was until 10.58 this morning.  Not too sure what is going on here.

That's on a DAILY basis.  No need to panic.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Yep it's to prevent spammy users, that is those who we don't spot registering. So lets say a Chinese LED co, registered then posts and keeps posting rapidly... For most of us 50odd posts a day for the first 30days is enough. After 30d the restriction lifts and you can try to catch some of the older gents up ;)

• Like 1

Yep it's to prevent spammy users, that is those who we don't spot registering. So lets say a Chinese LED co, registered then posts and keeps posting rapidly... For most of us 50odd posts a day for the first 30days is enough. After 30d the restriction lifts and you can try to catch some of the older gents up ;)

Yes, 50 posts a day is enough for moi!!  And I certainly won't be trying to catch some of the 'older' gents up :D   Much too busy polishing mah new Yeti :p

Thanks for clearing up my posting problem.

Edited by twoladies

Yep it's to prevent spammy users, that is those who we don't spot registering. So lets say a Chinese LED co, registered then posts and keeps posting rapidly... For most of us 50odd posts a day for the first 30days is enough. After 30d the restriction lifts and you can try to catch some of the older  more mature gents up ;)

Corrected that for you, Colin! :angel:

• Like 1

Corrected that for you, Colin! :angel:

Yep it's to prevent spammy users, that is those who we don't spot registering. So lets say a Chinese LED co, registered then posts and keeps posting rapidly... For most of us 50odd posts a day for the first 30days is enough. After 30d the restriction lifts and you can try to catch some of the older  more mature  experienced gents up  ;)

Corrected your correction for you Graham. I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up.

• Like 1

Why grow up if you're having fun and not causing anyone else any bother. :giggle:

Two ladies, don't worry, drive and enjoy.

I've come to the conclusion that my car is much cleverer than I am and decides what is best for itself without any intervention from me. It tolerates me and compensates for any of my short comings and carries on without bothering to cause any problems or tell me what to do.

Nowadays I tend to trust it, I fuel it with Tesco diesel, fill the  screenwash bottle, check the oil occasionally, wash it when my wife tells me to ( I suspect the latter is just to get me out from under her feet), and drive it with a superior look on my face as I look at other car drivers.

Fred

• Like 2

Why grow up if you're having fun and not causing anyone else any bother. :giggle:

Two ladies, don't worry, drive and enjoy.

I've come to the conclusion that my car is much cleverer than I am and decides what is best for itself without any intervention from me. It tolerates me and compensates for any of my short comings and carries on without bothering to cause any problems or tell me what to do.

Nowadays I tend to trust it, I fuel it with Tesco diesel, fill the  screenwash bottle, check the oil occasionally, wash it when my wife tells me to ( I suspect the latter is just to get me out from under her feet), and drive it with a superior look on my face as I look at other car drivers.

Fred

Reminds me of a friend who sold his garage business and retired early, SWMBO told him he had to be out of the house at 8am and not return till 4pm  :D, he found a little job for something to do  :giggle: .

• Like 1

Reminds me of a friend who sold his garage business and retired early, SWMBO told him he had to be out of the house at 8am and not return till 4pm  :D, he found a little job for something to do  :giggle: .

Is that a euphemism? ;)

Help again please, you wonderful people!!

When I turn off the engine with the key, it says 'Keysafe - see Manual'. 

I turn it right off and then move the wheel until it clicks locked, like my previous car.  I have to assume that this does something far more clever!!  Couldn't understand the handbook and anyway, it covers so many options in many cases, its difficult to know which one refers to my car!! :D

Any ideas please?  Fun to drive and many people are admiring it.  Keeping me on my toes.  Haven't tried the cd player yet though.  Won't use the cruise control as I don't do many long journeys and not sure its the safest thing if I became a bit sleepy.

So pleased I came on here - and it would be a great relief to my local Dealership if they knew - as they are only just down the road from here - and would have been driven mad!!

Their salesman won't be pleased to see I have bought this one rhough.  It came from near Cambridge - but my local dealership wouldn't offer any decent deals.  I really wanted the L&K, but wanted a new car immediately.  This one came up and I saved quite a bit.  No sat nav and no panoramic roof :no:  But I do have a TomTom and can do without a leaky roof. :clap:    

Edited by twoladies

• Administrators

Won't use the cruise control as I don't do many long journeys and not sure its the safest thing if I became a bit sleepy.

Does it have a speed limit feature?

I've recently discovered this on SWMBO's Ford and I much prefer it to cruise for those pesky specs zones. You can drive up to the limit and lift/coast so you can be far smoother than inching closer and closer, safer to as cruise you can go faster :)

I find on longer journeys, I just pop my shoes off; leaving socks on, and crack a window open. Cruise is nice, but agree on wariness of using it when sleepy.

Hi Colin,

I've just been getting used to adaptive cruise with the Volvo, weird when the radar locks on to the car ahead and tracks it by braking or accelerating up to your set limit.

Not got the hang of the speed limiter yet mind and with the cruise and limiter switches being next to each other, I've inadvertently set the limiter rather than cruise and then wondered why the car was slowing down  :giggle:

TP

It's to remind you that the doors are deadlocked.i.e. they can't be opened from the inside.

If you want to lock the doors with a loved one inside,press the lock button twice.

The car is locked but the doors can be opened from the inside.

( That's how it works with my Yeti.)

• Like 2

It's to remind you that the doors are deadlocked.i.e. they can't be opened from the inside.

If you want to lock the doors with a loved one inside,press the lock button twice.

The car is locked but the doors can be opened from the inside.

( That's how it works with my Yeti.)

Thank you very much - that question was on my list!!

Just come back meeting with a friend who has a Yeti.  She had

When I turn off the engine with the key, it says 'Keysafe - see Manual'. 

Just come back from tea with a friend with a Yeti.  She had the same message when she bought her car and asked her dealership.  They said it was a reminder to use the handbrake.

Wonder what you all think of that?