Can't find the slot/place for parking aid switch?

I bought a Superb MK1 and it's got parking sensors fitted but previous owner removed the switch / thingie and I can't find the slot it's supposed to go into?

This is what it looks like:

1435312945051.jpg

I read that is near gear stick but can't find and if someone knows please post picture. Even went to Halfords but even they didn't know.

It's Elegance and has em factory fitted.

What is this for then? As it's what previous owner removed years ago because the sensors were beeping all times? A fuse? It's clicking / when pressed so it's a switch as well?

So I put the fuse in and started working. But as quessed it's faulty two of the sensors are not working only hear two crackling . But why or for what is this thing for I pictured?

Where was that when you bought the car? I assume it was just loose in the glove box or something.

It's not a button to open a garage door is it?

Edited by softscoop

My MK1 Elegance didn't have a switch.

My Mk1 Elegance doesn't have one either.

Interesting suggestion from Scoopy about a garage door.

It's not from the bottom of the driver's side B pillar to turn the internal alarm sensors off, is it?

Gaz

My Mk1 Elegance doesn't have one either.

Interesting suggestion from Scoopy about a garage door.

It's not from the bottom of the driver's side B pillar to turn the internal alarm sensors off, is it?

Gaz

That was my thoughts also, the MKI doesn’t have a button for the sensors.

Just a thought how old is the car and does it have front sensors fitted? (not sure if that was an option on the MKI)

Front sensors have a button to deactivate them if I remember correctly (it is in the manual).

It is located near the cup holders I believe.

Are you talking about front parking sensors or alarm sensors for the front seat area of the cabin?

I haven't got any buttons near my cup holders.

Why haven't I got any buttons near my cup holders??

Bwaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!   :sweat:  :'(

G