Fabia Mk1 vRS oil cooler kits - COMPLETED AND CLOSED

alex_e3

Hello everyone!

After some discussion on a thread in the Mk1 Fabia section, I've been in touch with Darkside Developments about a potential discount on their oil cooler setup for the Mk1 Fabia vRS.

The kit in question is as per the link below...

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-universal-front-mounted-oil-cooler-kit.html

The setup looks likes a solid bit of kit and I'm sure will be excellent quality being sold by Darkside. You have the option to run with a thermostatic sandwich plate or not (good for a road car) and a choice of either 10 or 13 row cooler depending on where you want to fit it and the cooling required. Oil lines are push on hoses, so you can cut them down to size for a very neat installation.

I have managed to negotiate a 10% discount for between 5-10 units sold, and a total of 15% discount for over 10 units sold.

Below are the options available...

Oil cooler kit including a non-thermostatic sandwich plate and a 10 row oil cooler

Original unit price (including VAT):   £162

Group buy price (including VAT):   £145.80 (5-10 units sold)   /   £137.70 (10+ units sold)

Oil cooler kit including a non-thermostatic sandwich plate and a 13 row cooler

Original unit price (including VAT):   £168

Group buy price (including VAT):   £151.20 (5-10 units sold)   /   £142.80 (10+ units sold)

Oil cooler kit including a thermostatic sandwich plate and a 10 row oil cooler

Original unit price (including VAT):   £210

Group buy price (including VAT):   £189 (5-10 units sold)   /   £178.50 (10+ units sold)

Oil cooler kit including a thermostatic sandwich plate and a 13 row cooler

Original unit price (including VAT):   £216

Group buy price (including VAT):   £194.40 (5-10 units sold)   /   £183.60 (10+ units sold)

For anyone wondering why the initial prices are much higher than Darkside's website, please be aware that their products advertised on the website do not include VAT.

Darkside have said they will deliver the entire group buy to one address for free. Hence postage and packaging will be on top of this. I have put a quick quote up on Parcelmonkey, and each parcel would be looking at approximately £12 delivery. With packaging I would estimate that the total for delivery would be £15.

Please note this is an early estimate. I will get a more accurate price if there are enough participants to allow a discount. I may be able to sort it cheaper.

I have no issues with members coming to collect their kit from me personally (in fact I would prefer it!). I am based in Wrexham (North East Wales).

If interested please add your name in the usual style (copy and paste the below list), stating which option of cooler and thermostatic plate you require.

1. alex_e3 - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

In the interest of adhering to the Briskoda group buy rules, I am going to put a closing date for payment in full by 3rd August 2015. I will add payment details if and when we get enough on the list. I will accept payment via Paypal or cash in person only. You are free to send it as a gift or as paying for goods, but please add the required Paypal fee on top.

This group buy is not organised by BRISKODA, as such, they do not accept any legal liability if problems arise from the buy and cannot be held responsible for any wrong doing that may occur.

Thanks all!

Couple of questions ;)

Can you find out if the hose supplied is long enough to allow the cooler to be positioned where the standard intercooler goes?

Also would these be with you in time for fitting before Combe?

Cheers

2. steveopc - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

3. coskev-thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

4. Dark_Hero - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

5. vRS Joe thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

• Like 1

What engine Dan?

1.8 20vt

I know these engines run hot but not sure if its a problem. Will see what the mapper says on Thursday regarding my temps and contact DS if he says it would be a good idea.

No probs mate. I'll hang on until next Friday, then get onto the order straight away.

I think Steve's just worried due to Combe coming round quick.

He needn't worry though, as everyone on the list is down for that track day! Plus not to mention that neither Kev or I have an engine in the car at the moment!!! :D

• Like 1

Just to clarify, I'm now bringing the closing date for this to Friday 31st for payment.

Payment for this should be sent to my Paypal either as a gift or with fees added on. Nearly all on the list have met me, so I'll let everyone choose my character ;)

Paypal address is     [email protected]

For those that want delivery, please can you pay just the amount for the cooler for now. I will confirm postage once I know the weight and size of the parcel once it's packaged up. The price above is a maximum for postage - it should come in for less with any luck.

I will update the list for payments as and when they come in.

Thanks all :):thumbup:

6. Bagnall007 thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

• Like 1

Ok, so payments have started to come in today, so I will start a payment list....

1. alex_e3 - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler - PAID

3. coskev - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

4. Dark_Hero - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler - PAID

6. Bagnall007 thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

1. alex_e3 - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler - PAID

2. steveopc - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

3. coskev - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler

4. Dark_Hero - thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler - PAID

5. vRS Joe thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler         

6. Bagnall007 thermostatic plate & 10 row cooler - PAID