Superb Estate

I will be selling my superb estate in the next few weeks.  I need something smaller for shopping and was considering the RAPID.  Could anyone give me feedback about the RAPID?  I know it will not have as much on it as my Superb (Elegance + L&K Luxury pack) but some help on reliability and handling would be good.

I think you'd be stupid! If your down grading, then go to the octy! Rapid/Toledo's are crap!

G

Really? Have you driven either? I had a TDI Elegance courtesy car for a month and a TDI Seat Toledo "something" rental for 10 days on holiday last year too... both were far from "crap"....
  • Like 1

The Memsahib had a base model Rapid as a courtesy car when there were niggles with her new Octy 3. Received wisdom is that it is a really nice middle-sized car, and the Octy is better, but then a Elegance spec with big wheels, Kessy and lots of other goodies was bound to be, wasn't it?!

My take on it was that the Rapid was a bit gutless with its funny little petrol engine.

Edited by Machpoint005
  • Like 1

Took my daughter along for a second viewing of the rapid - she laughed herself silly at what she called "The little wheels"  Looking again - the wheels were somewhat undersized.  I think it will be an Octy for me this time.  Many thanks every body. xx

• Like 1

Really? Have you driven either? I had a TDI Elegance courtesy car for a month and a TDI Seat Toledo "something" rental for 10 days on holiday last year too... both were far from "crap"....

Driven both & I'd rather have an A4 Octavia over one of them.

I got shot of a 62 plate Toledo SE and replace it with a 12 plate A5 octy estate.

My definition of crap is prob the line of business I'm in, I didn't like them based on my job as a taxi driver. My mate has a Rapid and again wished he never got rid of his Octavia.

Don't get me wrong, the new taxi spec'd ones the taxi centre in Glasgow are punting are appealing, full leatherette interior, full size spare, Bluetooth, elec front n rear windows, tpms, parking sensors, all for around 12k/13k.....

G

• Like 1

Driven both & I'd rather have an A4 Octavia over one of them.

I got shot of a 62 plate Toledo SE and replace it with a 12 plate A5 octy estate.

My definition of crap is prob the line of business I'm in, I didn't like them based on my job as a taxi driver. My mate has a Rapid and again wished he never got rid of his Octavia.

Don't get me wrong, the new taxi spec'd ones the taxi centre in Glasgow are punting are appealing, full leatherette interior, full size spare, Bluetooth, elec front n rear windows, tpms, parking sensors, all for around 12k/13k.....

G

I agree with you G that the Octavia is a better built and "nicer" spec'd car, but that doesn't make the Rapid crap In my view, albeit I don't have the experience you have of driving professionally.

Took my daughter along for a second viewing of the rapid - she laughed herself silly at what she called "The little wheels"  Looking again - the wheels were somewhat undersized.  I think it will be an Octy for me this time.  Many thanks every body. xx

The Octy is a much better looking car all round while the Rapid Spaceback looks much better than the saloon in regards to the appearance of the wheels in the arches. The saloon has large slabs sides at the rear making the wheels look smaller while the Spaceback doesn't have such large slab sides and what area there is, is broken up with design features.