Spare wheel

Hi All

Delighted with my new superb estate SE however need to get a spare. Can't abide the mickey mouse kit that you get so 

What fits? 
Can i just buy a steel 17" with tyre and will that fit in the boot?

As long as the rim, bolt hole pattern are correct then yes. Just open the tail gate and throw it in.

If you want it to be stowed away out of sight though you will require the correct space saver spare wheel kit. It comes with all the parts to fit it under the rear floor.

Edited by DonjSZ5

Welcome to Briskoda Karen1,

They use a 16” steel wheel and 205/55/16” tyre when the spare wheel is ordered, it makes no difference if the car is delivered with 16”, 17” or 18” wheels.

(BTW I have moved this to the MKII forum as the MKIII is not out over here yet)

You need a 5x112 (PCD) wheel with a 57.1mm centre bore, which is pretty much most of the VAG cars now (some use 5x100 and some have newer Audi’s with 5x112 wheels use a 66.6mm centre bore)

• Like 1

Hi full size spare fits in the boot on my Superb. Bought from Skoda when car was ordered.

However, be aware that if you buy one of these you are still restricted to 50 MPH. 

Hi full size spare fits in the boot on my Superb. Bought from Skoda when car was ordered.

However, be aware that if you buy one of these you are still restricted to 50 MPH. 

How if it is full size complete with same alloy?

Or am I being thick. :notme:

• Like 1

Hi Danny,

The one I was presented with from Skoda was not an alloy it was a steel one with speed restrictions.

Like the one Murph has shown

Apparently if you want an alloy you simply buy a replacement. Sorry for any confusion

Silver1011  its a used wheel but spotless,it's just my poor photo !.

No speed restriction :clap: as its a genuine 100% same wheel as the ones attached to the road.

Best extra on the car (via ebay) well worth the expense.

Silver1011  its a used wheel but spotless,it's just my poor photo !.

No speed restriction :clap: as its a genuine 100% same wheel as the ones attached to the road.

Best extra on the car (via ebay) well worth the expense.

The Sirius wheels are (usually) bi-coloured and the insert where brake dust normally gathers is actually grey/black to contrast with the silver on the rest of the wheel.  Perhaps the darker colour you can see is just an over spray from that process.  My Sirius wheels are actually all silver with no black insert but that option isn't available in the UK AFAIK.