Rear door won't unlock and child locks are on :(

JBJ

Hi All, I am new here and hope someone may be able to help me. I have recently bought a Skoda Superb and put child locks on the back doors. The offside door will not unlock :(  not by key or fob - any advise please??????

I hear that sometimes you can shock them into life by thumping the door while pulling the handle and unlocking them via the remote. Got to be worth a try. Otherwise, world of pain... They are quite well locked if the deadbolts are on.

I had this problem.

I got mine to work by banging the door near the lock mechanism with the flat of my hand. Once I got the door unlocked, disconnected the central locking power so the door has to be unlocked / locked manually.

Not sure whether it is a lock problem or wiring loom problem, but as the rear doors aren't used very often anymore the above was the cheapest and simplest thing to do!

• 1 month later...

I had this problem every now and again when I had my superb 1, I found that if you pull the inside door handle and keeping it pulled then use the remote fob to unlock this would work, never had to thump the door though.