FIXED vrs idle shake

What exactly were the symptoms of this then mate? My car can be a bit shakey on idle but it doesn't have an erratic tick over or anything. To be honest, it has done it since I pretty much bought it two years ago and hasn't got any worse.

Also, do we know if there is an acceptable level of wear to the followers? They don't look that bad to me. No real damage just some signs of not overly excessive wear? The cam is supposed to touch them slight of centre isn't it so they spin and don't wear through? Have you been told what could/has caused this?

Mine is similar... bit of a shake on idle, nothing erratic but am wondering if this is the reason.  

In fact, the shake on idle seems to be common with the PD130 with age/mileage with lots of people unsure why.

The symptoms were the engine shaking REALLY badly since the day we bought it. over the last 18 months we have had to replaced numerous bit in the engine as we thought that was the cause of the shaking... these included

New flywheel (needed clutch anyway)

Engine mounts

Injector loom

Injectors stripped and tested

Cambelt and water pump (needed doing anyway)

All of these except the belt had signs of damage due to engine shake but we though each time that replacing the part would sort it.

Few weeks ago the shaking started to get so severe that sitting at idle in traffic will almost shake you in your seat and if you are holding a cup of coffee you can see it shake in your hand.

We took it to Unit18 and i have to say yet again Ali has been amazing, we left the car with him to inspect and work on between jobs, after stripping to engine to bits hes found that the buckets look like they have been getting very hot and are showing signs of damage.

Getting fixed as we speak

• Like 1

Was the shaking intermittent or there all the time? I have similar symptoms but it comes and goes. Was your tick over ever erratic in line with the shaking? Mine isn't which feels a bit odd.

What will stop this happening again after the repair, did they find an issue with your car that has caused this?

Sorry for the million and one questions but nothing better than learning from someone's experience! :-)

Yes I've read that on that link I posted above. It looks like the black followers are VAG's answer to this issue? They are a harder material aren't they?

Did you also have this shaking hutchy?

See if it fixes it or not then :)

Strange to hear the cam has not worn 1 bit but the buckets have been damaged.

I cant believe the cam has no damage either but ive seen it and it looks spot on, im wondering id someone replaced the cam at some point to try and resolve the issue.

Hopefully it will fix it 100%

Was the shaking intermittent or there all the time? I have similar symptoms but it comes and goes. Was your tick over ever erratic in line with the shaking? Mine isn't which feels a bit odd.

What will stop this happening again after the repair, did they find an issue with your car that has caused this?

Sorry for the million and one questions but nothing better than learning from someone's experience! :-)

The shaking was there all the time, tick over was fine but engine literally shook itself to bits lol.

90% sure the uprated 'black' followers will be fitted.

That list i posted a bit further up is everything that has been damaged by the engine shaking to badly but each time it was suspected to be that item causing it,