Advice on descent bulbs for a refector Headlight ( 2010 Fabia estate facelift model)

stock OEM light is ok but just thought i could do better ,is that the case or am i wrong?

What about those projector light ,worth the fuss and Money? :no:

The night breakers will give you a crisper light. The black pack projectors are the ones that have poor output. You could check the levelling at your local garage as sometimes it is set to minimum despite what the wheel is set to on the dash. I would only consider upgrading to projector units if you are considering a HID upgrade, even then it is probably more hassle than it's worth.

If you are looking for a recommendation here is mine......

Osram Night Breakers in the existing reflector unit, consider upgrading main beam with osram too. I would also swap the side lights for a set of LED bulbs (to complete the look as the SL bulbs won't give you any usable light, just won't look yellow in comparison to the MB.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by jonro2009
  • Like 1

sorry to sound abit stupid but are these Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H4 or H7 for the reflektors ?

Depends on the model of fabia.

Is it an S, SE, or upwards?

Is it a reflector for both low and high beam, like in the S? Theyre a h4

Or a projector for low beam and reflector for high beam found on the SE, SEL? Thats a h7 in low and h7 in high.

Then theres the blackpack lights of course. Which have no reflectors and just use a h7 bulb in the projector.

.....had a quick look from the front only 1 H4 60/55 ,blinking light and a just a tiny bulb on the side, i assume the H4 acts as a high beam also???  :(

• 2 weeks later...

thanks  all above for their help ,i have bought night breakers H4 but havent had time to put them in so as soon there in ill post how good they are!!!!!!

On a related note, I just had the passenger side headlight go on my 09 Fabia II Estate (16v - pre facelift) and could only find 1 H7 bulb which seems to service full and dipped beam. This seemed a bit odd to me as it is just a single filament bulb. 

Anyway, I put a new H7 in and both full and dipped beam came back to life - looking at the old bulb I cannot see any sign of a break in the filament but I guess it must just be one of those tiny fractures invisible to the naked eye. Just taken receipt of a pair of Lucas H7s (which seemed to be what was fitted before) as we are off down to Cornwall tomorrow in it and if one goes the other is likely to be not far behind - and the replacement I fitted was one of those from a kit which is likely to be very short lived I guess.

It's always advisable to change bulbs in pairs. I would pop the Lucas bulbs in today before you go away and put the older working OEM bulb back in your spare bulb kit.

I'm not 100% sure what light unit you have but it may be that the single filament H7 bulb is used in conjunction with a shutter system where a shutter is raised when full beam is activated and the light is allowed to shine without obstruction. That's how the black pack light work anyway.

I'm not 100% sure what light unit you have but it may be that the single filament H7 bulb is used in conjunction with a shutter system where a shutter is raised when full beam is activated and the light is allowed to shine without obstruction. That's how the black pack light work anyway.

Spot on Jon

The prefacelift silver lights work exactly as youve described, the same principle as the facelift black pack lights (:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick feedback instaled the night breakers today which give you a crisper White light,well woth it and it only took 10 minutes to change . :clap:

The night breakers will give you a crisper light. The black pack projectors are the ones that have poor output. You could check the levelling at your local garage as sometimes it is set to minimum despite what the wheel is set to on the dash. I would only consider upgrading to projector units if you are considering a HID upgrade, even then it is probably more hassle than it's worth.

If you are looking for a recommendation here is mine......

Osram Night Breakers in the existing reflector unit, consider upgrading main beam with osram too. I would also swap the side lights for a set of LED bulbs (to complete the look as the SL bulbs won't give you any usable light, just won't look yellow in comparison to the MB.)

would also swap the side lights for a set of LED bulbs (to complete the look as the SL bulbs won't give you any usable light, just won't look yellow in comparison to the MB.)

Do you have any ebay links for the replacement  side lights for a set of LED bulbs??? :sweat: 

...well got the led side lights in ,no flickering  but the dashboard bulb warning goes on :yawn:which Means although they are meant to be  canbus error free they are not ,took them out and put them in the interiør front reading lights as the existing ones were not so bright and there they dont triiger the dashboard bulb error. 

Anyone got ones that dont cause the error?

Edited by john123

...well got the led side lights in ,no flickering but the dashboard bulb warning goes on :yawn:which Means although they are meant to be canbus error free they are not ,took them out and put them in the interiør front reading lights as the existing ones were not so bright and there they dont triiger the dashboard bulb error.

Anyone got ones that dont cause the error?

Try hids direct ones.

Never had a problem