Parking sensor gone potty...

Hi all.... 

Strange thing today, as I am away for the weekend my car had been parked outside overnight in the rain.. came to it this morning at the parking sensors when mad showing an obstruction on the offside, when there was nothing at all there.

When to the supermarket and it did the same, seemed to go mad.. was OK yesterday.. 

I cleaned all the sensors that were on the offside, the two corner one's in the bumper and the two side ones for the park assist.. 

Got back to were I was staying reversed into a space this time, seemed a lot better but showed some thing on the offside which did seem to move along the diagram as I reversed... 

1. Has anyone else had this?

and

2. Would it pick a kerb up which is about 5-6 inches high?

Stu

Yup, out picks up the road as the car drops down the drive and does pick up high kerbs too, front and rear I've found. I wandered round the back of the car a few weeks ago, as the sensors picked up "something that wasn't there", which was a high 6/8" kerbstone!

I suspect that my issue is down to the very heavy drizzle that was about at the time....  I have just been out now the sun has been shining for a couple of hours (yes, that unusual thing called the sun Lol) driven out of the space, and reversed back, all it seemed to pick up was the car on the nearside ... So maybe water is an issue... 

It was a real heavy drizzle, almost like fog, and reading the manual it seems that this can cause issues! 

post-428-0-65523100-1435509525_thumb.jpg

When it snows, mine picks up the snowflakes.  However, the one that really frustrates me is a spiders web that sets it off. A spider weaves a nice web from my towbar to the bumper and the sensor detects it. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but it happens with mine regularly, so I have to destroy all the spiders hard endeavours to get the sensor to work.

Well, I think there was a very good chance that it was moisture or weather related... Been dry all night and the sun has been out today with the car parked in the sun... the parking sensors have worked perfectly... 

Same problem Stuart, I found it mainly due to dirt on the sensors, when it rains it does seem to pick up dirt, probably from the puddles.

Wet soapy tissue and dry seems to sort it out. 

Nice to know it is a simple cure  :notme:

Same problem Stuart, I found it mainly due to dirt on the sensors, when it rains it does seem to pick up dirt, probably from the puddles.

Wet soapy tissue and dry seems to sort it out. 

Nice to know it is a simple cure  :notme:

When I was out yesterday I did give them a quick clean, although they looked clean anyway, but it did seem to make them better... Since it has gone dry and warmed up quite nice 22 degrees here now :) not for long I expect they worked perfect... 

As a rule the car is garaged all week, and only comes out at weekends so I suppose this is it's first real soaking in rain...

Am going to get it checked out when it goes in for a service on the 17th..