Power upgrade for the 140ps 4x4

A quick search on here using the search box top right will get you plenty of results on remapping the CR140. Plenty of mappers out there who map the CR140 and also the option of using a tuning box if you would rather too. ;)

• Like 1

Yes, I have the 140 DSG 4x4 estate.  To be honest, from the factory it was very slow.  Partly that may have been due to the gearbox still learning my driving style.  It used to get into 6th much too early.

I got the SuperChips flash from a local dealer (it's detectable, they had to open the ECU case) and the car is now very driveable.  I got it flashed as soon as I had completed the first 1000km from brand new.

Shame they didn't offer the 170 diesel with 4x4 when I bought my car as that thing flashed would have been much nicer.

Fuel economy doesn't get worse, and I flashed my last car (MY07 VW Jetta 140TDI) with Superchips also and had no issues with early parts failure or dealers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had my 4 x 4 140 manual remapped as I found it very lack lustre in performance, £150 and it's transformed , he said it's about 180 ps now with lots more torque,almost reminiscent of my ST mondeo. Well worth it. The auto must be like constipation with clogs on , get it remapped you won't regret it

Edited by peterposh

I have a focus which has been remapped and considered getting my 140 tdi manual (2x4) done as well. After using it for 6 months I thought it managed OK, as is, so have left it for now. I think a bit more urge in top gear would be nice for M way work but I am not on the M way that often.   :sun:

Just out of curiosity, I have a 2008 Skoda Superb 2.0 TDI 140HP (PD I'm pretty sure). How much do remaps cost over there in UK? Over here in Finland for a good remap, it's about 600€+ :/

It's really tempting to remap it, I am going to do it sooner or later tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed DTUK CRD-T+ tuning box to my CR170. Driven over 20 000 kms now with it and I just love it. Compared to my previous 240 HP Mondeo, all the promised 225 horses are there. Massive acceleration all the way up to 200 km/h (just returned from trip to Spain through Germany with its autobahns).

Hi Linni

I'm considering the same chip as you - out of interest did you also get the pedal box, and which map are you using on the CRD-T box?

Nin

Hi Linni

I'm considering the same chip as you - out of interest did you also get the pedal box, and which map are you using on the CRD-T box?

Nin

No, didn`t order the pedal box. Keeping program 1 + 1 right now. Tried P 2 + 1 also, which keeps revs more down. Haven`t even tried P 3 yet, but will in the near future.

I haven't put mine on dyno , just took the blokes word for it.to be fair he wanted me to take it for a drive with him in it to see what I thought before I paid him.it was much better,more response and torque was much increased

The only problem is the car is geared down compared to the 2 wheel drive one so it revs slightly higher

Off the lights it goes like the proverbial off a shovel and especially if it's wet

Edited by peterposh

I fitted a Racechip box, car drives more smoothly has far more torque and is demonstrably more economical - I have run the car for periods with it fitted and without, all fuel logged on Fuelly.

• Like 1

We've got a Chip Express unit and love it; massive improvement in torque/acceleration, you can take it away with you if/when you sell the car then get it reprogrammed to your new vehicle and you'll get an improvement in MPG too. Recommended unreservedly.

Remap bloke reckons those boxes just confuse the ecu into pumping more fuel in I suppose that's all a remap does

Box increases fueling as well the turbo pressure (if you have a box with turbo control). That`s basicly the same the remap does.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a Celtic-Tuning remap from a dealership here in Finland.

140>196hp, I must say there's a VERY HUGE difference. The wheels started spinning on the 3rd gear full throttle.. The car is pretty much insane now, even won a BMW 520d F10 :)

I fully suggest remapping to everyone, as the MPG is better, throttle response is way better, the torque feels a lot smoother and of course it's a lot faster. I've noticed that with the 1st gear I can go upto 60km/h while before I could only go 40km/h. 

The engine is a lot quieter also at idle and while driving also.

I fitted a Racechip box, car drives more smoothly has far more torque and is demonstrably more economical - I have run the car for periods with it fitted and without, all fuel logged on Fuelly.

I also have a Racechip box on my Superb.  I have had it on two previous 140 Tdi Yetis.  I'm convinced it makes the engine smoother and the mpg far better.

John

who/where and how much was the remap, and as you quote figures i assume its been on a dyno?

Tuningservice.no in Norway, paied  £380.

Connected a computer that measures tourque and hp (boost, temperatures, exhaust etc)

DSG also got a remap

• Like 1