How to clean the drainage at the cowl?

parambyte

Hello. My Yeti had ben parked under a tree for close to a month, while I was away. Now the heavy Indian monsoons have started and I have noticed he cowl was full of leaves which have found their way into the drainage. Any way I can clean this myself? I suspect wet and rotting leaves will make the inside panels rust faster than they should.

I doubt if any leaves have found their way down the drain as they tend to lay over it and block anything going down.
I would just direct the jet from a hose on the drain holes to flush any debris through.

Hmmm... my other car, a Suzuki Swift, apparently had a rusted cowl drain from blocked leaves.

And last year the Skoda service guy said my drain was clogged with leaves and charged me for fixing it.

The hose idea sounds good. Plus I must remember to cover the car now.