Disable safe securing VCDS

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the safe securing door locking function with VCDS? We had the car in for a service and a few VCDS changes, and it has come back with a bunch of other settings changed, one of which is that 'safe securing' was turned on.

Thanks

Matt

I don't have an answer (but would be interested in seeing a response from someone that knows).

I do know that you get the best 'forum name' award in my book though :D

• Like 1

Thanks, that post is for auto locking though.

There is a section in the owner's manual on 'safe securing', which appears to be the default setting. It basically locks all the doors and removes the ability to unlock the door from the inside. Its to stop people breaking into your car and getting out, but seems a bit illogical.

In the real world, lets say my wife took the dog for a quick walk at the park but my son wants to stay in the car. After a minute he wants to get out, but can't because the doors are locked and the unlock button doesn't work. Boy gets scared and wets pants..... something like that.

I think I'll just send my wife back to the dealer and get them to look up the VCDS setting.

In my 2011 Superb you can disable deadlocking.

From manual...

"You can deactivate the safe securing system by locking twice within 2 seconds"

... Or by the person left in the car locking the doors internally.

• Like 1