Columbus upgrade

Guys my apologies if this has been asked (and it probably has) but I don't know what key words to use in a search to get the results I need.

Anyway, I have a 63plate Superb SE with the touchscreen radio and factory Bluetooth. Would the Columbus unit be a straight plug and play, and would I get the nav direction on the maxidot.

Cheers,

Ivor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight swap.

Add a GPS antenna.

Swap the fascia as its a different shape.

VCDS coding and you'll have Maxidot integration and full functionality.

If the existing BT module does phone calls already then a microphone is not needed.

If this is the case and the OP wants voice control of the Columbus then some wires need to be swapped / added to route the microphone differently.

Currently my car has factory Bluetooth with voice activation for the phone so I would assume I would still have that with the Columbus? I'm not bothered about having voice activation for the Columbus unit itself (I'm guessing that's for the sat nav?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if the Bolero voice command and Columbus use the same wire routing. Try it and see, you may be lucky.

The voice commands on the Columbus allow you to switch between media, select different music folders/tracks, skip/repeat, make calls, as well as enter destinations on the sat nav.

I know it's a flaky system, but I sometimes miss it in my Yeti.

• 1 month later...

Pulling this thread back up from the depths. Seriously considering getting one of these now as my not so trusty tomtom is starting to play up. Without paying silly money £500> which model number do I need to be looking at to get the best system I can for about £500 please.

It must have 7 digit post code facility though.

Cheers,

Ivor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3T0 035 680 A is best value for money.

Get it upgraded to 4020 firmware and you'll have everything bar radio text (4120 will give you that is you really want it).

3T0 035 680 A is best value for money.

Get it upgraded to 4020 firmware and you'll have everything bar radio text (4120 will give you that is you really want it).

Thanks for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk