Help with steering wheel swap from old 3 spoke MFSW to new MFSW

ionutai

Hello,

I currently have a 2010 Yeti with 3 spoke MFSW. I acquired the new model full with airbag and loom (similar with the picture - not actual photo). I got access to diagnostic tools from at a friend (VCDS etc.) but I need some assistance in identifying what are the steps that I need to do the swap.

$_12.JPG

Thanks.

This should be interesting... I'm sure Eddie-NL will be along soon with an answer.

What are you doing with the old 3-spoke MFSW?

This should be interesting... I'm sure Eddie-NL will be along soon with an answer.

What are you doing with the old 3-spoke MFSW?

If I manage to do the swap I am going to sell it :).

I am currently investigating if there are any particular steps, if I need to do any recoding, replace the steering wheel loom (maybe different connections etc) or replace some other module.

I read somewhere that there might be an issue with the cable, I don't know if there is any difference between the 1K0971584 / 3T0971584 and the 5JA971584.

Someone told me that I might need to recode the airbag.

I need answers :).

wish I could do this with my yeti as it drives mad that if Im turning  the wheel... the roller selector has move from fuel reading in the multi function display to something else just because one of my fingers has brushed across the roller selector.

In the new style wheel the roller is deeper set below the level surface of the wheel facing making tit harder to move it by mistake.