07 Octavia - Replacement seat options

Recently picked up an 07 Octavia Elegance estate and while loving it, I'm really not getting on with the drivers seat in terms of comfort. I wondered if anyone could confirm what alternatives would fit? I am used to S-line Audi seats so prerer something more sporty.

VRS seats are the obvious choice, but noa fan of the white bits, wondered if mk2 Leon, mk5 Golf and 8p Audi a3 seats would be a straight swap?

Are airbag connectors the same?

Assuming the rears won't fit from these hatchbacks?

If anyone's done this pics would be great! Leon Sport/FR seats looks to have great bolsters and they're a similar grey/black to the elegance seats.

all the cars you have listed above, the fronts will fit but don't know about the backs as the shape looks different.

airbag connector may be the same, dependent on the year but they can be easily swapped over by cutting them and re-soldering your old connectors to the seats of your choice.

I have a similar problem with mine drivers seat despite it being a multi electric adjustable one so ended up with single drivers seat from a Audi A3 sport which was very comfortable and miles ahead of the skoda ones in terms of comfort and support.

Later this year I decided to replace it with a match pair from a VW EOS.

Thanks for confirming,good to know! The Eos ones look good.

I'll keep my eyes open for a full set of VRS estate interior (have a worn door card to replace) otherwise might go down the route of black/grey Leon FR seats that look reminiscent of original S3 seats that I used to love.

just about anything from the VAG group will fit.

I've got 2010 Audi S3 front seats in my 2007 Octavia.  Left the rears stock & it doesn't look odd.  The only minus is the lack of map pockets.  I even pulled the Octavia underseat storage out & fitted it to the Audi seats - it's not quite right but you can't notice it once fitted.

Airbag connectors were snipped, swapped & soldered.  If I was doing it again I'd probably fit 3 pin molex connectors rather than a soldered joint (in case I return the car to stock).

I gave up trying to get a definitive answer regarding rear seats for my pre fl estate. I can't live with none matching seats and concluded after lots of reading that the only 100% safe option is to get octavia seats if you want a matching set.

I gave up trying to get a definitive answer regarding rear seats for my pre fl estate. I can't live with none matching seats and concluded after lots of reading that the only 100% safe option is to get octavia seats if you want a matching set.

Sometimes you have to be the pathfinder.

I do know of a guy that fitted a Scirroco interior into a Golf with minor mods so I guess anything is possible depending on how low your standards are.

Ive just bought and fitted an s-line drivers seat as my drivers seat had a knackered mechanism - fitted straight in - plugs an all - thanks for the pics :)

Lovely redders!

Only ask Sebring as you can see the 4way lumbar adjuster switch on Brad's s3 seat picture in his post. My elegance doesn't have electric lumbar so wondered if anyone had retrofitted power for a seat with electric lumbar support.

Edited by mattupnorth

I fitted A6 (C6 model) full electric movement + lumbar seats to mine. You need to cut off one of the locating tabs from the seat rails and they then fit the Octavia perfectly. Assembling an electric loom is easy enough if you can solder and crimp terminals.

I also had to change the airbag connectors, as the seats were 2006 and car is 2010, but that may not be an issue if you have more recent seats.

Brad - it looks like you've still got the original cloth armrest? I'd suggest you get yourself one of these to cover it, It's a good match to my Audi black leather:

http://www.superskoda.com/scripts/podrobnosti.php?IDZ=7244&admin=1&MS=1&SC=aed85a3fa77c746cf12dec75f2783087