Suspension bang when going over very narrow speed bump

martynd7

Hi there I purchased a new 1.2 Yeti Elegance about a month ago and all has been good but yesterday I went over a very narrow speed bump with the front wheels and I thought I heard a bang when it bottomed out. The car has been good ever since but I am now worried that the transit clamps may have been left in, can anyone tell me what I need to look for, there seems to be a black castellated ring at the bottom of the strut that the plastic corrugated cover fits over but I can't really see anything else, any help would be gratefully recieved.   

The transport blocks look like this:

20140517_161119_zps41feb2e0.jpg

They are visible behind the dust cover on the shock absorber

It's exactly the same on the Octavia Scout.

The front suspension is very heavily sprung.

I can navigate over a rough level crossing near our house in my Superb, Peugeot 306 and several hire cars at 30mph with no issue.

Try that sort of speed in the Scout and it sounds horrible. As the front wheels drop onto the tracks there is an almighty bang. 20mph max in the Scout.

One thing in common with taller suv type vehicles that aren't 'air' equiped is stiff suspensions to counter rock n roll plus stiffer sway bars...it's the price you pay it seems for the high riding position.

I noticed it on my yeti recently when I drove over a hump back bridge a little quicker than I normally do.

It gave a bang as the front suspension reached the limit of extension.

I think there's no rebound damping on the front shock absorbers.